Dual tuner question

VaDavid

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
I have 3 TVs there is only one cable coming into the house that gets split up to go to each TV.

When i orderd dish said i would get a dual tuner and a signle tuner. Wouldn't a coax cable need to be ran from the dual tuner to the 3rd TV?

If there where to bring 3 single tuners i don't think any wireing would need to be changed? :confused:

basically i don't want anymore coax cable to have to be run and i think it will for a dual tuner and a 1 single tuner to work or am i just completely wrong?

I have 3 TVs there is only one cable coming into the house that gets split up to go to each TV.

When i orderd dish said i would get a dual tuner and a signle tuner. Wouldn't a coax cable need to be ran from the dual tuner to the 3rd TV?

If there where to bring 3 single tuners i don't think any wireing would need to be changed? :confused:

basically i don't want anymore coax cable to have to be run and i think it will for a dual tuner and a 1 single tuner to work or am i just completely wrong?

As long as the cable is RG6, no new cable should be needed. You can use a diplexer (combines the satellite feed and feedback onto one cable, then seperates back out on the other end) to feed back the second tuner. You will need a second wire from the dish to were the cable enters the house in order to feed the single tuner box.

Well at least this question is slightly more intelligent than your "do I have to be home". With a dual tuner and a single tuner you need 2 cables from the dish to the house. With 3 tuners you need 3 cables from the dish to the house. Satellite is not cable you can't run 1 line to the house and then split the lines. You have done very little investigation before signing up so you have a good chance of being unhappy because you didn't get what you thought you were getting.

Yes cable cannot be run and split like cable for sat installs. If any part of the feed from the dish is RG59 the existing cable will not work.

You must run another line someway , somehow for the single tuner to work. Your only other option is to just install the dual tuner to 2 tvs. And yes someone will need to be home in order to do this.

They'll have to drop another cable from the dish into the house where the 3 cables come into, other than that you should have enough cables.

They can diplex the backfeed so you can run a dual tuner off one cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)