Dual tuner with 2 other receivers using 3 tvs

rjousuf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2004
Ok here is the deal

I have 3 receivers right now. I think couple are 311 and 1 is 508 DVR. The hard drive on DVR just crapped out,(cant record or view any recorded programs, have to turn off reciever or otherwise it gets stuck on processing screen everytime.) Anyways i was looking at some HD DVR receivers, and it seems all of them are dual tuners. so couple of questions.

1. Is there any HD DVR receiver that is only singal tuner.

2. If i get the dual tuner HD DVR, like the 622, will Dish let me keep the other 2 311's and use only the singal tuner on that 622, or will i have to also cancel one of the 311 and then use the dual tuner on 622 to connect 2 tvs. Basically i dont wanna run wires from the dual tuner to either of the 2 other tv's. I just want 2 tv's remain connected to the 311's and replace the 508 with HD reciever WITH DVR.
Thanks

1. No

2. Yes they will let you have a 622 and 2-311's. However since the 622 is a dual tuner it will require two feeds from your dish/switch setup depending on what you have. Not knowing what dish and switch etc. you have my comments are limited. However I assume you don't have a DPP setup, so that will work you will just keep getting an annoying msg saying one tuner has no feed. But if you don't want to run another wire you will need to switch to DPP and use a separator. But give us more details and we can give you the exact answer you want.
Also NO you do not have to feed a second TV off the 622.
Two more things to remember if you go to the 622 from the 508 you will need to hook up a phone line or get charged a $5 fee. Also you will get charged a $5.99 DVR fee period.

I have 2 dishes, 1 for 119,110 and other is for 61.5. Both are dishpro lnbs. Each dish has 1 wire coming out of it and then connected to sw44 or some switch like that and running to each tv. I really dont want any hd programming since i mostly watch international programming, but the reason i was looking at HD receiver because of their component video output and since i am getting a new plasma tv with those inputs i was wondering if the picture would be any better on international channels when hooked up to the component output instead of regular rca or s video output. The $10 fee ($5 dvr $5 phone) is not that much of concern.

You're buying a new plasma and only want to watch SD on it? You will be disappointed.

Component will not help an SD image much, if any. If you REALLY don't want HD, then don't get the ViP622. Save the bucks and get a 625 from Dish, a dealer such as one of the ones advertising at the top of this page, or eBay. In fact, I'd suggest that you just get a replacement 508 from Dish, or buy a used 508 or 721, until you're ready for HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)