Due date change email

I do to navy. For a good reason though... I usually pay mine when my retirement check comes in on the first with all my other bills. My dish bill is due on the 10th and to wait makes me spend money I thought I had

I do to navy. For a good reason though... I usually pay mine when my retirement check comes in on the first with all my other bills. My dish bill is due on the 10th and to wait makes me spend money I thought I had
My retirement check arrives in my account on the last day of the month. My Social Security arrives on the second Wednesday. I pull out my checkbook on the first of the month and log in every auto-payment for the entire month. When it actually comes out makes no difference. I know what I have in reserve from day one....

Reactions: thomasjk
Same here we get our two state pension checks on the 2nd to last business day of the month and we get my wife's part time check from the state on the last business day of the month. My salary checks come in on Fridays each week and go into my savings account. I do all my bill paying on the last day of the month and all my other bills hit on the 5th. We use our Bank of America card for food and gas purchases and Amazon card for our personal health and beauty stuff and prescriptions and Vet pills. Pay them off each month and never run a balance. What's left goes in to savings and our cash spend every two weeks. I budget everything and I'm never late on any bills. I do NOT use debit card for any purchases ,only for cash draws twice a month.

My credit rating was 818 as of last Friday and I got pre approved at my credit union for my 2016 Huyndai Elantra for 1.75% rate and $232.04 a month for 5 years. I also got 3 months with no payment and 1% cash back in my savings account. About $132.00. I got $7500.00 off the price for my paid off trade in and rebates bringing my car down to around $13,290.00. I will only pay $638.00 in interest over 5 years. That is the lowest car payment and the best deal I have gotten since the 80s. Took little more than an hour from the start till I drove out in my new car. It pays to be on top of your credit.

Unless, they are moving his bill date FORWARD 5 days, each time they notify him. At the rate he gets notified -3 time so far- he will be behind on his bill.:eeek

Unless, they are moving his bill date FORWARD 5 days, each time they notify him. At the rate he gets notified -3 time so far- he will be behind on his bill.:eeek
I have a strong feeling it is just repeated notices. Only the one original 5 days move.

that was my concern... pretty soon they'll have advanced me a full month :)
At one time DISH made you pay a month in advance. Caused all kinds of problems for the customer who started with DISH and within the week got hit up for a bill for a month in advance. I believe that they have since changed this policy ,but it wouldn't surprise me if they brought it back.

At one time DISH made you pay a month in advance. Caused all kinds of problems for the customer who started with DISH and within the week got hit up for a bill for a month in advance. I believe that they have since changed this policy ,but it wouldn't surprise me if they brought it back.
They have always billed a month in advance, but previously the due date was something like 4 or 5 days into the service period. Now the due date is on the first day of the service period.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Looking at bill/payment history, my service period is 30th of the month -> 28/29 of the next month.

I had been paying (autopay) on the 5th(or 6th) of every month.. and it hasn't changed.

(at 1st I read the history in the wrong order).. not sure why I am getting the notices if nothing is changing.

There are two situations where your due date would not be affected by this change. The first is if you are a pay-in-advance customer, since the due date was already aligned with the start of the service period. The 2nd reason why your due date would not change is if you specifically requested a particular due date. Apparently, Dish sent the notices to everybody, whether you are affected or not. What doesn't make sense, for those of us who are affected by this, is why Dish would automatically change our due date without our permission, only to turn around and tell us that we have the option to pick our own due date. Why not just notify us that we can pick our own due date, and let us decide whether to make a change or leave the due date when it was? That is the way Directv did it.