Duke vs. UNC 8 Feb

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

scotsmanron

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Florida
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was watching ESPN last night. First it was UT at Kentucky and it was in HD. As soon as it was over the Duke at UNC game came on and the side bars came up. HUH??? Why no HD of that game? Is that something unusual?

it's not that unusual, especially because this game is actually blacked out in most of ACC country due to JP's rights. Take away a good portion of the eyeballs, and HD doesn't make sense...

It was in HD here in Baton Rouge, LA...no side bars. I did not catch it from the start though, so they could have came up for a short period.

But today is the 8th! Do you have a crystal ball and can see the game a day ahead, or was it played yesterday on the 7th?

NVBlue said:
But today is the 8th! Do you have a crystal ball and can see the game a day ahead, or was it played yesterday on the 7th?
Unless they're playing again today, he means yesterday. :)

I can't help it my days are running together!!! I've been a day behind all week!!!! :devil:

As for "HD not making any sense"...wasn't this a national game? And next question....does it cost a lot to do a live HD broadcast?

scotsmanron said:
As for "HD not making any sense"...wasn't this a national game? And next question....does it cost a lot to do a live HD broadcast?
Yes, it was broadcast nationally.

Yes, it does cost a lot to do HD, and there are only so many HD broadcast trucks available to ESPN.

But, THAT game should have had some priority.

mdonnelly said:

*Not really* on the national part. Almost all of ACC country was blacked out by local broadcast rights on this game. You take away the largest target market!

hancox said:
*Not really* on the national part. Almost all of ACC country was blacked out by local broadcast rights on this game. You take away the largest target market!

Hancox

You DID notice that the Uconn game was in HD last night, right?
They sure looked very good. Could be another big year!

blackout???

Need a little help here, I have Dish and I am contemplating switching to directtv. Was this game blacked out by DirectTV? I was forced to purchase full court for $75 to watch this game on dish and then the majority of the first half was black due to technical difficulties. I live 6+ hours from chapel hill, 70 miles from Atlanta. This is a main reason of why I want to switch. Thanks.

raoul5788 said:
Hancox

You DID notice that the Uconn game was in HD last night, right?
They sure looked very good. Could be another big year!

Um, yes and yes. :)

jbirdbuc said:
Need a little help here, I have Dish and I am contemplating switching to directtv. Was this game blacked out by DirectTV? I was forced to purchase full court for $75 to watch this game on dish and then the majority of the first half was black due to technical difficulties. I live 6+ hours from chapel hill, 70 miles from Atlanta. This is a main reason of why I want to switch. Thanks.

This was a blackout imposed by Jefferson Pilot on ESPN. They own the exclusive rights in ACC territory. I'm actually surprised that FC allows you to see this.

mdonnelly said:

Yes, it does cost a lot to do HD, and there are only so many HD broadcast trucks available to ESPN.

man, i thought it was in HD...maybe I was thinking about the kentucky game. I dont pay attention to things as much with a new baby...sorry for the confusion.

I really liked the ESPN2 basket cam.

ESPNU's crazies cam only confirmed to me the dorkiness of the Dook student body :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)