Dumb DHA Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

snathanb

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 26, 2004
DFW
Hello,

I've been on the dish DHA plan for a year, after 9 years with Directv.

I've come to the realization that I am spending 95% of my time watching my OTA digital channels (In Dallas, that's just about every station). So, I'm no longer going to spend money on Satellite TV.

(Hint to DISH: Your small $2 programming increase cause my to rethink spending money for your services)

Anyway.. on to the question. When I disconnect, I have to send my equipment back to dish and the fees for not sending the equipment back are clearly listed on my DHA contract.

If I pay the fees... can I sell all or part of the equipment? Or will E* not allow others to activate non-returned leased equipment? I know someone who would be interested in buying my 811 from me, but I don't know if they would be able to activate it...

Return the equipment to DISH it is easier and you probably won't make any money on the sale. You can Ebay equipment cheaper than what DISH will charge you. If you want to use the 811 to receive the OTA you need to keep it attached to a DISH signal for it to work. When you return the equipment be sure to keep your tracking numbers, DISH has been making money charging excustomers for unreturned equipment and you need the tracking number to prove they actually received it. :) :) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts