Dumb Question - Which Dish or Combonation ??

cire50

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2007
I 've been told a number of times here and at another forum that the 1000.2 is very tricky to align, so my question is what's the best dish or combination of dishes ?? I've seen two Dish 500's used, Dish 1000.2, Dish 1000 + 500, etc. !! Sorry to be a pain, but I do appreciate the input and help.

Thanks in advance !!

Eric

I 've been told a number of times here and at another forum that the 1000.2 is very tricky to align, so my question is what's the best dish or combination of dishes ?? I've seen two Dish 500's used, Dish 1000.2, Dish 1000 + 500, etc. !! Sorry to be a pain, but I do appreciate the input and help.

Thanks in advance !!

Eric

Your need for Dish or Dish's will depend on your location and what programs you want. The 1000.2 receives 110, 119, and 129 satellite locations. This works for a large part of the country that wants standard packages with HD. The 1000+ and 500+ are for international channels and in some locations HD locals. They are the same dish with the addition of another LNB for HD on the 1000+.

The 1000.2 is not difficult to aim. As long as you do things correctly. It's the people that are to lazy to get the other parts of the install setup correctly that have problems. As long as you have you mast or pole plumb it is no more difficult to aim than a Dish500. The main thing is some areas the 129 has a weak signal, and the use of a seperate wing dish 129 works better.

We would need to know where you are located and what programs you want before we can give you the best answer.

Your need for Dish or Dish's will depend on your location and what programs you want. The 1000.2 receives 110, 119, and 129 satellite locations. This works for a large part of the country that wants standard packages with HD. The 1000+ and 500+ are for international channels and in some locations HD locals. They are the same dish with the addition of another LNB for HD on the 1000+.

The 1000.2 is not difficult to aim. As long as you do things correctly. It's the people that are to lazy to get the other parts of the install setup correctly that have problems. As long as you have you mast or pole plumb it is no more difficult to aim than a Dish500. The main thing is some areas the 129 has a weak signal, and the use of a seperate wing dish 129 works better.

We would need to know where you are located and what programs you want before we can give you the best answer.

Agreed. The main problem with the 1000.2 is finding line of sight to the 129 sat.

Once the LOS is found, it does take a few minutes longer to aim the dish due to having to peak with the W-bracket and then installing the regular bracket for the DPP Triple LNB.

The Dish 500 is good, but I like the 1000.2 better. Really, really like the DPP Triple LNB. Have seen very few failures with it so far as oppose to the mess we went thru with the "skinny" DPP Twin LNBs.

Agreed. The main problem with the 1000.2 is finding line of sight to the 129 sat.

Once the LOS is found, it does take a few minutes longer to aim the dish due to having to peak with the W-bracket and then installing the regular bracket for the DPP Triple LNB.

The Dish 500 is good, but I like the 1000.2 better. Really, really like the DPP Triple LNB. Have seen very few failures with it so far as oppose to the mess we went thru with the "skinny" DPP Twin LNBs.

If the installer has a Birdog he won't even use the W-bracket. I just point with the DPP Triple myself.

OK .. thanks !! I plan on doing the install myself. I'm located in south central Pennsylvania and should have a good line of sight ... where is the 129 in reference to my current dish 500 for regular SD ??

OK .. thanks !! I plan on doing the install myself. I'm located in south central Pennsylvania and should have a good line of sight ... where is the 129 in reference to my current dish 500 for regular SD ??

The 129 is aprox. 10 degrees to the right and 5 degrees lower than 119 if you are standing behind the dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts