Dumb Questions About Classifieds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

clayface1000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
I'm thinking about posting some of my used satellite equipment for sale in the classified section. I noticed it says "Only supporting Pub Members may post items for sale." I think I must be blind, but where do I go on the site to sign up? I swear, I can't find it.

Also, assuming I manage to do the former, how does one usually go about making arrangements for a sale through a website such as this? I've never purchased anything through Ebay, but do most people set up a Paypal account for this purpose?

I realize this a e-commerce 101 question, but I really have no idea how it works.

Many thanks.

You best bet is to setup a paypal account. That is one of the safest ways I know.

BTW just to clarify the reason why only supporters can post in the classifieds section has NOTHING to do with us trying to make money off people selling things. The real reason is that in the past there have been a number of transactions where the buyer sent money for an item and never received that item.

By making it to supporting members only if a member has an issue I personally have some detailed information about the member who sold it and can help with many issues and make sure our members get what they paid for.

Our other option was to close it down. But this method is working good, and members sell to members quite often. :)

I've sold equipment and wanted a Money Order. Money came then I shipped.

Us Postal Money orders are the safest way, however paypal is more convient but there is a small risk of fraud.

What really amazes me is the honestly of everyone involved. I buy and sell stuff online all the time, and I usually get burned about once per year which is not bad considering the amount of transactions I do.

Thanks for the replies! If I can't sell my stuff before then, I think posting it in the classified is the way to go. How do I go about signing up as Supporting Member? I still can't find the link...

This is really helpful. Thanks, Neutron and everyone for your feedback. Look for my ad shortly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)