DVB World /Nextorm USB Sat on Vista 64?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bryanw20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
I have an old Nextorm aka DVBWorld S2101 USB Sat receiver. Haven't used it in a long time; now I have a Vista64 PC, powerful enough to decode the HD feeds that may be out there; but how do I get it hooked back up again?

I guess I need a Vista driver; I found some old install programs for Nextorm, what I used to use to watch it with; but they install; but won't find or initialize the USB device.

Any suggestions to get 'er back up & watching?

You might find a compatible driver, but if your goal is to receive HD programming you may want to reconsider using this device. There are a few DVBS HD channels, but many are S2. You might consider a new PCI DVBS S2 card.

Thanks, I found that one too, I tried it, it starts to install the driver; but then Vista rejects it because it's not signed :( Maybe a Vista 64 thing only; but that sucks.

If I get it working on an old XP pc, is there a translation chart somewhere? Like T5 = Intelasat xxx = whatever it's called now?

Thanks for the link, exactly what I needed... As for Vista, at least my version (64 pro or something like that) said this driver not signed, can not install; please visit mfg for updated driver. ending install. :( Guess I'll try on my wifes XP; just no where near as powerful PC... we'll see.

There is a way to start the computer and disable the "Digital Signing". That was not a well recieved feature for sure. I skipped Vista and never learned to deal with it's weird trips that much. F8 (boot menu) offers to disable driver signing. But it's just for that boot cycle. Have to do every time you start the computer. More info here http://social.technet.microsoft.com.../thread/5e048b0f-83b2-4281-b5e9-533ef3de564d/

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)