DVBViewer - black screen no channels.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

delta_charlie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Hi all, I'm trying to get DVBViewer to work with my new SkyStar 2 PCI card and think I'm getting close but I can't figure out the channels. All I get in DVBViewer is a black screen and no channels listed under the channel tab.

I ran Setup4pc and can get a good signal in the transponder status box. I'm on Hispasat now.

I see Server4pc.exe is running in the windows task manager.

Can't seem to figure out how to add channels to the DVBViewer.

Any tips on getting DVBViewer up and running would be most helpful.

Thanks, DC

Try ProgDVB It's free and has more features www.progdvb.com

Hi, already did try ProgDVB but I have not been able to resolve an issue with the device.

"DVB Viewer X No valid DVBdevice found! OK"

If I click on OK ProgDVB loads but I can not receive anything. The device BTW is a SkyStar 2 PCI. I have tried XP Pro SP3 and then SP2, both the version 4.4.1 and 4.4.3 drivers. Installed, uninstalled ProgDVB many times, reinstalled the drivers. I can find the device in the windows device manager and windows says it is working fine. I have tried to disable it then reinable it and still no go.

I think I'm much closer to getting the darn SkyStar 2 to work with the DVBViewer TE that came on the CD in the box.

I can see the transponders on Hispasat but can not display any video.

I have been working on this for days and at this point I would like to simply get anything to work. Just one channel would make my day.

Thanks, DC

You said you have a good signal, but what about the quality?
Are the LOF's set correctly for your LNB?
Which version of SS2 do you have?
Are you sure you're on the corect satellite?

Personally, I found DVBDream easier to use than either ProgDVB or DVBViewer.

Hi, yes I'm sure about the satellite as I have it hooked up to my Mercury II and it works fine with lots of channels.

The SS2 is hooked up to the second L port on the LNB and I have the LOF1 set to 10750. The signal on the server4pc is 62 % on one and 42% on the other - both show green. The SS2 is new so it should be what ever the latest greatest is.

The hispasat channels are shown with server4pc but not the DVBViewer.

I will take a look at DVBDream.

Thanks, DC

I'm no expert with Dvbviewer but have been playing with it for a few months now. When I had a Skystar 2.3 card I found I had to set, "use only first cpu" or it wouldn't work. I noticed there are now new drivers and that issue may have been resolved but you could give that a try if you haven't already. I had the best luck with the 4.40 drivers. Have you tried to import a ini file in the channel editor screen? It should show up, then you can scan it although I find it hit or miss. I have pretty good luck scanning with transedit, then exporting to dvbviewer, however, I've found it seems it won't scan dvb-s2 signals

Hi all, I'm trying to get DVBViewer to work with my new SkyStar 2 PCI card and think I'm getting close but I can't figure out the channels. All I get in DVBViewer is a black screen and no channels listed under the channel tab.

I ran Setup4pc and can get a good signal in the transponder status box. I'm on Hispasat now.

I see Server4pc.exe is running in the windows task manager.

Can't seem to figure out how to add channels to the DVBViewer.

Any tips on getting DVBViewer up and running would be most helpful.

Thanks, DC

If no channel is listed under Channels tab, you have to scan and add channels. Use transedit (available in the same location where you download the DVBViewer.), which will give you better results. Else, to start with, you can right click on the screen (with DVBViewer open) and select scan and add channels.

Also check if Skystar2 is appearing in Options- Hardware window.
Setup4PC is not required for watching DVB.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion to try DVBDream. Just dowloaded version 1.4i and had it working in a few short minutes. Looks like my hardware is doing fine with DVBDream and that is a huge help as now I know it all works.

I will post a few simple questions on DVBDream in a new post.

Take care, DC

I'm no expert with Dvbviewer but have been playing with it for a few months now. When I had a Skystar 2.3 card I found I had to set, "use only first cpu" or it wouldn't work. I noticed there are now new drivers and that issue may have been resolved but you could give that a try if you haven't already. I had the best luck with the 4.40 drivers. ---cut---

Hi, that is a good point as I do have a dual core CPU and I have also had problems in the past trying to run other PCI hardware with both CPU running.

I just tried DVBDream and had it working quickly so I decided to un-install DVBviewer and give up on it for now. DVBDream looks to be a much better program and it works on my hardware without any fuss..

Thanks for the info, DC

Can't go wrong with Dvbdream its a great dvb application. What is your setup? Are you using a motor?

Hi, very simple setup now while I try to make things work. Just have the SS2 hooked up direct to the second L port on the Invacom QPH-031 LNB. The fixed (no motor) Fortec 80 CM is locked down on Hispasat for now. I do have a second dish and a 22 Hz switch that I use with my Mercury II but I wanted to bypass the switch while I sort things out. The computer is one I repaired myself by replacing a bad mother board (major surgery). Currently running 1 GB ram and a dual boot 80 GB HD. The CPU is a Celeron E1200 (1.6 GB dual core). I have XP Pro, SP 2 and Ubuntu Hardy (Linux) on it now.

The SS2 card also has Linux drivers availilable so I might be messing with trying to make it work under Linux too.

Take care, DC

Hi, thanks for the suggestion to try DVBDream. Just dowloaded version 1.4i and had it working in a few short minutes. Looks like my hardware is doing fine with DVBDream and that is a huge help as now I know it all works.

I will post a few simple questions on DVBDream in a new post.

Take care, DC

You're welcome.
Glad you have it working.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)