DVD/HDD Recorder Problem with 811

lenfogel

Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
Need expert adivce - and this thread has them!! Just purchased an LG LRM-519 DVD/HDD recorder (threw away old VCR). I want to record programs onto hard disk and later burn to DVD. Can't find a way to interface the LG box with the 811 so I can set the LG box to come on and record a show at predetermined time and date.

The LG box can send an IR signal to other set top boxes to program them to change channels and to record at a certain time BUT the 811 is a UHF receiver and can not receive the signal from the LG box.

Any idea how to fix this problem?? I tried programming the 811 box (found the code with search function) BUT the 811 remote (coded to control the LG box) will not turn on the record function of the LG (only operates the on/off switch)>

Help!!!

The 811 will respone to IR as well as UHF signals. I used mine with a harmony remote which is an IR remote. If you set it up with the IR blaster included with the LG it should work fine.

Good Luck!

are u sure??

Thanks for response-
I was told by Dish folks that the 811 will NOT respond to IR signals. The 811 will however, send OUT IR signals thru the front portals to other equipment but will not receive IR signals from other boxes.

I any case - I tried using the codes for the DishPro receiver offered in the LG setup BUT none of the codes worked. That led me to call Dish and and told me I cannot get an IR code accepted by the 811.

Soooo... why not go backwards??? Tried programming the 811 to send an IR signal to LG box but the code will not turn on the RECORD function.

Now what???
thanks

The 811 will respond to IR. I use a Sony RM-AV3100 to control it with. It had the Dish codes already installed.

Make sure it is on remote channel 1.

Keep in mind most of the Dish tech folks are idiots! Every once in a while you get an advanced support person whi knows their stuff.

The 811 WILL IN FACT WORK WITH IR!!!!!

Like I said, I used a Harmony remote with mine until I upgraded to a 942 and it worked fine. The remore I use absolutely does not do UHF so it had to be receiving the IR codes. Like it was said you need to have your remote address set to 1.

Good Luck!

Why not just set a timer on the LG box to record at a certain time and leave the 811 receiver on when you are gone or going to record something. If you wanted to record two different things on two different channels at different times then just set the 811 to automatically tune to that certain channel at the time of the program or programs that you want to record. This is what I did. It just seems simpler to do instead of trying to make the 811 to send out the IR signal to turn the recorder on and start a recording.

The remote channel in the receiver setup must be set to channel 1. This is really easy to do although I don't recall off the top of my head how to do it. The manual has the instructions how to check it and change it. It may say what channel it is set on in the system info screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts