DVD recorder and 211 receiver

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
Need help with finding a DVD recorder that will record from a 211 timer.

What exactly do I need to look for in a DVD recorder to record from a 211 timer? IR Blaster and/or Program Guide function? Or neither because it can't be done.

This is what I want to do. I want to record a program for my daughter off an OTA channel (PBS Kids) in the 211. I want to create a timer and then have the DVD recorder record the program.

I know my solution is a 622 :D but I can't get one from AT&T and I'm not buying one after reading all the horror stories in the forums and how quickly things keep changing with E*.

I'm just ready to pull the trigger on the Panasonic DVD Recorder (DMR-ES25S). Any suggestions are appreciated.

I just run the analog outputs from the sat receiver to the analog inputs of the dvd recorder. Set the dvd recorder's timer to record from the line inputs for the needed time and set an autotune timer on the sat receiver. I do this with a sony recorder and several lite-on recorders. They all allow me to set manual timers just like an old vcr.

Does the 211 have the IR blaster capability? If so you could use that to turn-on the DVR to record, I assume...

bhelms said:
Does the 211 have the IR blaster capability? If so you could use that to turn-on the DVR to record, I assume...

Yes, it does. I tried it with my old Sony VCR and it didn't work though. That's why I'm looking into a DVD recorder but want to make sure that I can do it.

Oh and thanks osu1991.

I've done the same as osu1991.

However, I'm ready to sell my Panasonic DMR-E85HS if you would like to buy it RandallA. I only bought it originally to record items off of old 8mm tape. Been used maybe 12 times, tops.

Thanks Token but I got the Panasonic (DMR-ES25S) for sale at CC. I was able to manually record from the OTA channel in the 211. I haven't tried the timers yet, it was getting late last night and I was pretty tired. Will give it a shot tonight and see how it goes.

Tried the timers like you guys suggested and it works great. Had to setup timers on both the 211 and the Panny DVD recorder and it works just fine.

"obviously, not the most desired solution, but it works."

Correct. Unfortunately for me, AT&T doesn't offer the 622 so it wasn't even an option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts