DVDs in 7.1

I have a 7.1 receiver also....but I sadly dont think there is a dvd that has 7.1 disrete sound..........I would assume that if the Producer of a Hollywood movie were to make a 7.1 ....our receivers would then decode them ............will it ever happen .......I dunno!!!I hope it does

quickfire said:
I have a 7.1 receiver also....but I sadly dont think there is a dvd that has 7.1 disrete sound..........I would assume that if the Producer of a Hollywood movie were to make a 7.1 ....our receivers would then decode them ............will it ever happen .......I dunno!!!I hope it does
Untill then here is a good site that I found that lists DTS and DTS 6.1 DVD's
http://www.spannerworks.net/reference/10_6a.asp

My reciever is a 6.1 reciever but it will work in 7.1 it just splits the rear center channels power in half so instead of say 100 watts to the rear center it has both the rear centers and they would each be 50 watts with the rest 100. I have it setup for 6.1 as I don't see splitting the power like that when there are no DVD's in 7.1. Not that many I watch are in 6.1 but then again I don't watch movies all that often anymore I used to watch quite a bit though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)