DVI cable?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Mine did, but a friends did not. I bought a different one anyways as the included one was a foot too short.

DVI Cable

Both mine did not. Don't go and buy an expensive monster cable unless you have a very long run. I tried a monster cable, a phillips cable (walmart), ended up with a Seren (think that's how it's spelled) off of E-bay for $12.00 plus $ 7.00 postage and handling. Looks just has good has the Monster. Make sure you get a DVI-D cable.

scottss810 said:
Both mine did not. Don't go and buy an expensive monster cable unless you have a very long run. I tried a monster cable, a phillips cable (walmart), ended up with a Seren (think that's how it's spelled) off of E-bay for $12.00 plus $ 7.00 postage and handling. Looks just has good has the Monster. Make sure you get a DVI-D cable.

Thanks,
DVI-D? I didn’t know there was more than one type of DVI cable.

DVI Cable

Wells there's dual link DVI-I and Single link DVI-D, actually you can probably
use both but they recommend the DVI-D. DVI-I is used for computers where
infomation has to be transmitted back and forth thru the cable. DVI-D is one way transmission. The difference a person would notice is in the pins in the connectors, in a DVI-D there is a open space in the middle of the connectors
were on a DVI-I there are pins thru out the connector, if there is nothing in
the 811 or your TV were the DVI-I connects (that is inside the units there's
no electronic ) then it really doesn't matter the pins just connect to nothing.
The Phillips cable is a DVI-I (Walmart) Monster's are DVI-D. I personally had
some problems with the Phillips cable, causing my screen to go blank and come back on, it was a problem with the TV's connection not the 811. By
the way componet cables work just fine too. In my opinion the DVI a tad more brighter,use to have less color saturation then componet until the 269, or the 280 software update. Wow sorry a bit long winded.

Say no to DVI-I

Just a quick note. I mistakingly bought a 18' DVI-I cable for my 811 in hopes of also being able to use sometime down the road with a video card on my entertainment PC. The DVI-I pin out is different than the DVI-D cable that you need to use for your 811 and HDTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts