DVI Dual Link Cable

Not only that most people don't know that modern crt projection televisions with dvi are digital.

The connection to the set is digital (I would say thats understood by all of us...were not idiots) based on the fact that it's DVI-D HDCP. The fact is that this signal has to be converted to analog. No way around that with CRT technology. Period! Analog is analog. Chances are that the complaints are due to each sets particular D/A conversion.

Ilya said:
Based on the detailed explanation provided by Mr. Biggles, and based on everything else I've read on the Internet about DVI, I conclude that Single Link DVI cable is more than sufficient for the HD resolution modes supported by VOOM STB. Some people are buying Dual Link cables, because they don't cost much more than Single Link and they are backward compatible. But there is really no benefit in using Dual Link DVI cable with VOOM. If someone has any facts that prove otherwise, please post them in this thread.

Also, it's been stated that VOOM STB offers Dual Link DVI. Does anyone have any proof? I know the DVI connector looks like it is Dual Link, but most of the female DVI connectors are made this way for DVI cable compatibility. Does anyone have any facts supporting the Dual Link interface in VOOM STB? Is the Broadcom BCM7501 chip Dual Link capable at all? And if so, what exactly this Dual Link connection can be used for in case of VOOM?
Hooked up with a dual link-works fine with Voom stb

eschu97611 said:
Hooked-up with a dual link last week-works fine with Voom stb-apparently box is dual link compat.
Sure, all Dual Link cables are compatible with VOOM. The question is whether those additional wires in the Dual Link cable serve any purpose for VOOM. My impression is that they don't...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts