DVI question with voom`

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Yep Its me again.
Did not want to add to other long thread.
Have a basic teckie question.

When I use my stock DVI cable I notice rolling light bars on screen. Almost like clouds.
In my past cband days it would almost look line a grounding problem giving harmonic distortion.
It is not extremely obvios but is there.

As an example
If I turn off VoomSTB I still see black letterbox screen faint in background and those cloudy bars or clouds rolling thru. on my tv screen.

If I swithch to Component input on tv or rca input I see just black screen and no bars.

It seems like DVI is always on no matter if STB is or not.
THose clouds though might be why I am not seeing as clear a pic as
with components that dont have them.

Does this make sense to anyone?
Is it my DVI cable possibly?
Thanks

dvi is digital, you'll get sparklies, not rolling clouds. When you say turn off, do you mean unplug or not?

I still have random "black screen" when I use my DVI cable, which I never had before. So I ended up using component cables (Tributaries). The component cables gives a little better color and PQ is about the same. I have my box set to 720P and have it connected to a Sammy DLP. I will use the DVI for my new DVD player.

occammd said:
dvi is digital, you'll get sparklies, not rolling clouds. When you say turn off, do you mean unplug or not?

turned off. I have not tryed unpugging as you asked.

I get what the last poster is refering too. Random black screen sounds correct.
It is not a digital picture or tiiling effect as I am aware with digital.

It is a background rolling cloudy thing. I notice very well with random black screen effect.

I agree with last post. I get better PQ and color with component. That is alittle dissapointing as I thought using DVI would be awesome as advertised!
THank you.

I had better color through component as well, but then I cranked the color up on DVI and it is just as good (better) now. Before it looked like a haze was over the picture.

I will be nice if you have another TV to try on. My guess the problem is the TV, rather than the DVI cable or STB.

Hmmmm....it's a stretch, but if I remember correctly (I don't use the V* supplied DVI cable) it comes sans any RFI shielded ferrites on the cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts