DVI switcher

alysenlynn

Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
SC
Hello! I have looked at monoprice.com and bettercables.com for a DVI switcher. They both have a HDMI switcher butno DVI. I have a Sony Wega CRT with only one DVI input and need to hook a DVD and Satellite box to it. Currently we are just making the switch manually but it makes my husband nuts. Any ideas where I can get a good one at a reasonable price? Thanks!

Alysen

DVI switcher vs. Y connector question

New member Jim here. I have had good experiences with getting good advice and information from joining the SIRIUS backstage forum community and I look forward to a similar experience here.
I find myself with the problem of one DVI input on my Samsung HDTV monitor while wanting to be able to connect both my DISH 211 receiver and my upconverting Oppo DVD player via the TVs DVI input. Will a Y connector work or is spending at least $250 on a switcher my only good option? Y connectors have worked well for me in the past, but this may be a different situation. Thanks for any good advice and info.
BTW - the Oppo in the 1080i DVI mode gives me the best DVD picture I have ever seen - almost HD quality. I am glad to have found an affordable way to keep my DVD library viable while waiting for the HD-DVD situation to resolve itself over the next few years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)