DVR 510 Connection Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hfthomp

Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
Hey guys, sort of a newbie here, and I thought I'd ask....Anyway, I've had my dish DVR 510 for a while, but just recently got a new TV. Anyway, on my old TV I connected the receiver to my TV with just a co-axial cable. Would I get a better picture if on my new TV I connected it using the S-Video output? Thanks in advance.

Yes, S-video is a superior signal carrier. It will always give you a better picture than RG coax. However, if your tv is less than say 25 inches you may not see a noticeable difference. The difference will be most noticeable on larger displays.

coax, rca cables, s-video

that is a good question and the other post is quite correct. i am more enthusiastic about it though because S-video is MUCH better. i often show customers the difference between the two by hooking up both and it is really noticable. (obviously you will need to be aware that the source on your tv will no longer be channel 3. it will most likely be video 1.) mostly i like your question because you will want to hook up the red and white coded rca cables for stereo sound. don't hook up the yellow coded rca cable though, the S-video will handle that.

your tv's speakers will more than likely sound nice but hooking up your stereo for your tv sound is pretty easy. look for red and white coded (audio right and left) rca outputs on the back of your new tv then plug the cables into inputs in the back of your stereo. (you can switch to sources in your stereo that correspond to where you hooked it up in the back) most people have these rca cables laying around. having big sound is really nice for movies and music television. dish network receivers do s-video and stereo very very well. :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)