DVR 510 quits in middle of some recordings

molleyfox

Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
Hi to everyone. My apologies if this question is posted elsewhere in the forum.

This is my fourth Model 510 in as many years. They've all had interesting breakdowns, but this problem's a new one to me:

I've had this particular replacement model just since Wednesday. I've taped a number of programs, and some of them just plain stop recording sometime in the process.

I think this has happened only with timed recordings -- but I've made only a few manual recordings, so am not sure.

I noticed that this 510 model has some "updated" software that is either designed to be circuitous or is not functioning 100 percent as it should: if I set a timer, and they tell me there's a conflict with another timer, when I go in to the Daily Schedule window and try to delete one of the conflicted timers, it will not delete (though I will get the message box saying "Are you sure you want to delete?" and a clickable "yes"). The only way I can delete that timer is to restore the other timer.

And even though that's an unnecessarily too-many-steps process, I wouldn't mind if my programs got taped in their entirety! (By the way: some of the programs that stopped in the middle of recording had been "conflicted" programs, and some hadn't been.)

Is there any way I can troubleshoot this problem without having to call Dish yet again?

Thank you.

Hello,

I had this exact problem about a year and a half ago, after one of the upgrades sent by Dish. Have you tried resetting your receiver? Press the POWER button on the receiver and keep it pressed for 10 seconds or so. The unit will shut off, reboot and reacquire the satellite data.

Good luck! :up

:)

Hi, yellowdragon, and thank you for your suggestion.

After resetting the receiver, I wanted to give it a chance to work before responding to your post. And resetting did work, for a while.

Ten timed recordings taped in their entirety. Then finally a timed recording of a movie just stopped, 42 minutes in to the recording.

This is an improvement, certainly: before I'd reset the receiver, about every third program just stopped recording at some point before its scheduled end.

Still, the security of knowing every single timer's going to record in full is ideal... of course.

I did re-reset the receiver. Perhaps I should do that every 12 hours or so?

Thank you again for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts