dvr 510

P3.07 was supossed to add VOD but then P3.08 was released and who knows what they added or fixed. I know for sure that VOD is not there with P3.08 or at least I couldn't find it.

Hi- My first time in a chat room. Hope someone can help me. I have a DVR 510 it has Version P302 currently on it. (It rarely gets turned off.) Not sure if that's bad or not based on some of what I read with the updates. I've been getting the Multi pointing switch 004 error on it ever since the code push that Dish did on March 31. I've done multiple soft and hard boots along with the point check. After I do one of the previous, it's good for around 24 hours but then starts occurring again. When I talked to Dish the tech had me do the point check which worked for a while, when I called back the tech after getting the 004 error again they had me swap the cables with my other receiver (it's old (installed in 2000) and doesn't seem to get this error. They wanted to make sure it was not a location problem. But since they are both in the computer room of our basement I didn’t think that could be the problem either, but I did it anyway. - No success. So I switched them back. The tech then offered to switch out my DVR with a new one (I pay $30 shipping) I may do this just to get the new DVR, but it seems to me that the problem is the code push not my receiver. The tech also said that the error I was calling about had been called in by increasing numbers of users. I wrote the above this afternoon. As of this evening, I've had no problems. Should I allow my receiver to get updated?

Hi Blondie, welcome.

I have been seeing problems with 3.08 as well. Short dropouts, random "No Info" guide data. Increased pixelation. Others aren't seeing any problem

Does E only do version upgrades overnight? I can't remember the last time my receiver was off overnight. I use it as an alarm clock :D

The receiver HAS to be off to receive upgrades. Think about it, you don't want a software upgrade while you're watching TV, do you? The software upgrades can happen at any time, in my case they happen when I'm at work.

508 version 3.08

catnap1972 said:
Random freezes

(only happened to me once so far, so it might just be a hiccup)

ok, I've noticed this also. I was watching it last night, It froze up for about 2 minutes. Cleared up by itself though

Greetings,

For some reason, after 3.08 my 510 has twice refused to start recording while the machine is ON either watching live TV or a recording. The blinking clock icon used to flash 5 minutes before recording, now there's no reminder of any kind. In fact, if I shut off the 510, AFTER it was supposed to start recording it will turn back on and start recording on its own.

Have done both resets (unplugging the power cord and the 10-second power button reset on the tuner itself), still doesn't work.

E*, what have you done to my formerly rock-stable 510? :(

The new software has also created additional lockups on my 510. Usually this happens when the DVR comes out of record. Sometimes the tuner will lock and not show an image and just says you must stop recording to preform the requested function. The only way out is to do a hard shut down.

I also had it refuse to erase prerecorded shows. It would act like it erased them but the remaining time on disk would stay the same and when I went back to the DVR they were back. Again hard reboot to fix.

I use to have a problem about one every 4 to 6 weeks with a lock up but now I have had about 2 a week since 3.08.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)