DVR 522 question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

drock85

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Hi,
I just purchased a 522 from dish. They charged me 198 for the receiver plus installation. They also said I would be charged 4.99 for the DVR fee a month and a leasing fee of 5 bucks. Is this correct or am I getting ripped off.

The fees are correct.

Whether you're getting ripped off is whatever you decide being ripped off is :D

Wait, so you can BUY a 522 for $200? At first that sounded like a good idea, but then there's a LEASING fee too? That's what I'm paying, and if mine breaks, I can send it in for a new one... So what's the advantage of 'buying?'

Is that the only receiver you have or is that an added one? If it is an added one they will charge you $5.00 no matter if you buy it or lease it, then the $5.00 for the DVR. But just make sure you hook up the phone or they will hit you with another $5.00.

Sorry I meant I leased it. And Thanks for the warning about the phone line, but the lady on the phone told me when I called about that. And I sort of knew about it too. But luckily I already have a phone line running to my old receiver. Right now I have two receivers one downstairs and one upstairs. I'm having them take both receivers back and replacing them with one 522 DVR receiver. I have an antenna wire running to the room upstairs so I was going to use that for the TV2 output to the second tv upstairs.

Thanks for the responses.

One more Question.
Has anyone tried those wireless A/V transmitters? I'm going to use the Coax cable for now, but I saw in the book that you can use one of those wireless transmitters to send your video signal to the second tv. How is the picture with them? And if I got one which one would you recommend?

If the 522 is the only receiver on your account the $5 lease fee should be included in the Min required programming package of AT60 including Locals package price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)