Dvr 522

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kactusjo

Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
I am having problems with the audio dropping out every few seconds for a second or two on my 522 when connected to the optical output on the 522. I have called Dish Network several times and the only thing they can suggest is a replacement receiver. I also have a DVD player hooked up through an optical output and it works
fine. I have even switched the optical cables and that does not help. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing is solving the problem. It doesn't matter whether it's a dolby digital channel or pcm. It's everything that is coming from the 522's optical output. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also try setting the Digital Audio setting on your 522 to PCM Only. Sorry I can't remember the sequence of menus to go through. I've found that the audio drops go away in this mode. But that doesn't help if you subscribe to channels that have Dolby Digital.
Audio drops on the 522 is an issue DISH has never been able to solve.

I had a 522 connected with optical cable and the audio never dropped. I'd honestly suggest taking the replacement. Normally you would be required to connect your audio receiver to something else with the optical to verify that audio doesn't drop from that device, but if they're offering and you don't have anything on your hard drive that you'd mind losing, then a replacement is the only thing other than a software update that's going to fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)