DVR 530 help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
Just installed my DVR 530 for Star Choice, however my channel 285 ABC HD doesn't come in at all and I can't get the guide to work at all. Has anyone else had these problems? I also notice most of the west feeds of the hd networks doesn't come in at all either and have seen some pixelation on the other HD channels, but still no guide. It will let me browse but not on the guide, it won't even come up at all? Anyone can help?

If you just installed it, you probably don't have the latest code which is the cc code. There is instability without this code and you should get it overnight.

The HD channels come in on Anik F2, the second staellite. This satellite has the HD and French/ethnic programming. My guess is that the aim is off for the LNB getting the HD channels. This is usually what causes a pixelated picture, a poor signal. The other thing it could be is that you are in an area on the fringe of the Anik F2 footprint.

Where are you located?
Did you have proper reception before installation of the 530 or is it a completely new install for you?

The HD channels come in on Anik F2, the second staellite. This satellite has the HD and French/ethnic programming. My guess is that the aim is off for the LNB getting the HD channels. This is usually what causes a pixelated picture, a poor signal. The other thing it could be is that you are in an area on the fringe of the Anik F2 footprint.

I get the East HD channels clear, A&E and DISC are fine, but all the west hd feeds except Fox is pixelated...TMN HD is also somewhat pixelated.

I get the East HD channels clear, A&E and DISC are fine, but all the west hd feeds except Fox is pixelated...TMN HD is also somewhat pixelated.

I suspect your signal is weak. My guess for the reason for getting some and not others would be that the channels are on different transponders.

When I had Bell ExpressVu (forgive me) for a while, when it rained heavily, some channels would fade or pixelate while others wouldn't. By checking the signal strength of channels on certain transponders, I was able to determine that the problem was due to the weaker signal on certain transponders.

I will get you that info shortly, but now I have noticed today that most all the HD channels are becoming pixelated. I guess its time to go back up on the house again!

I have also noticed that some of the channels that I got great PQ with on my 305 isn't so great on my DVR 530, the only thing different is I am using component cables on my DVR 530 and only used RCA R/Y/W on my 305, could this be what is making my channels worse PQ...the 305 still gives great PQ however.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts