DVR 622 Broandband connection problems

missouri03l

Original poster
Aug 26, 2007
My DVR keeps getting a Call out Failure when trying to test my broadband connection. I have it hooked to a router and on the Network Setup screen I see and IP and it says connected.

Is there a filter I need or router setting I need to set?

I have wireless broadband internet to my house, not DSL.

Thanks

My DVR keeps getting a Call out Failure when trying to test my broadband connection. I have it hooked to a router and on the Network Setup screen I see and IP and it says connected.

Is there a filter I need or router setting I need to set?

I have wireless broadband internet to my house, not DSL.

Thanks

Does your connection test work and show broadband ok?

Same problem here. Both my 622's broadband show connected, but when I tried to order PPV it said failed broadband connection...... Reset my broadband connection on both 622's, and checked my Dishcomm connections as well- everything was good, but continued to show failed broadband connection when attempting to order the PPV.

My PC's were operating well on my broadband connection at that time, so it's not a problem with my ISP. I also have wireless broadband, not DSL or cable.

I work as a network admin for a wireless ISP, so this is very interesting to me. Do you know if you get a public IP address on the WAN side of your router, or is it private? Some WISP's do NAT on their side and that can really screw up things that use UDP connections, especially if you have a router doing NAT also.

It would be helpful for someone who has a 622/722 to run a packet sniffer on the connection (you might need an old hub between the router and IRD to put the sniffing computer on the same segment and collision domain) and see what type of traffic goes out/comes in when the receiver interacts with E*.

sigmtr

I work as a network admin for a wireless ISP, so this is very interesting to me. Do you know if you get a public IP address on the WAN side of your router, or is it private? Some WISP's do NAT on their side and that can really screw up things that use UDP connections, especially if you have a router doing NAT also.

It would be helpful for someone who has a 622/722 to run a packet sniffer on the connection (you might need an old hub between the router and IRD to put the sniffing computer on the same segment and collision domain) and see what type of traffic goes out/comes in when the receiver interacts with E*.

sigmtr

Great, I downloaded an IP spoofer program and will play around with it to see what the network shows.

Actually, my internet is faster this evening and so I checked the Dial Out feature and it connected OK this time. This has been the first time it has connected successfully. Perhaps my ISP was having problems?
I will continue to check the connection to make sure it wasn't a fluke thing....

This seems to be the pattern with the 622 connection it gets hooked up and all checks out ok but can't connect then the next day when it is tryed it does connect wonder if it is something or not, this post is from my own 622 and a lot of the posts on the same issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)