DVR 622 How to record?

Suppafreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Well, I just got the ViP 622 installed and now I have many questions on how to record the shows. Let me explain my setup.

The TV is connected to the 622 via HDMI.
The over the air antena connected to the TV and 622.
I did not connect TV2 on the receiver to anything.

1. I don't quite undestand if I need to be in Single or Dual TV mode.
2. If I am in the single TV mode the recordings are automatically set to record on TV2 tunner. I guess that means that any HD show will be recorded as SD.
3. If I am in the Dual mode than I can set the priority to which tunner record first, but then If record something on the first tunner I cannot watch the second tunner because TV2 is not connected.

Have I lost you yet? If not here is more.

4. How does PiP works. I know it works in Single mode, but when I press the button all I see is the blue outline of the square picture?

Any this is all I got for now.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Not what you are thinking

Well, I just got the ViP 622 installed and now I have many questions on how to record the shows. Let me explain my setup.

The TV is connected to the 622 via HDMI.
The over the air antena connected to the TV and 622.
I did not connect TV2 on the receiver to anything.

1. I don't quite undestand if I need to be in Single or Dual TV mode.
2. If I am in the single TV mode the recordings are automatically set to record on TV2 tunner. I guess that means that any HD show will be recorded as SD.
3. If I am in the Dual mode than I can set the priority to which tunner record first, but then If record something on the first tunner I cannot watch the second tunner because TV2 is not connected.

Have I lost you yet? If not here is more.

4. How does PiP works. I know it works in Single mode, but when I press the button all I see is the blue outline of the square picture?

Any this is all I got for now.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

I TV = single mode.
2 All tuners on 622 are HD. If the program is in HD then the record is in HD. Both sat tuners and the OTA tuner are HD.
3 Not really but you don't need Dual mode since you have only 1 TV hooked up. Tuners are not related to the outputs. You are confused by the fact that there are multi inputs and multi outputs.
4 You are on a non active channel hit swap and tune to an active channel then swap back again and you will have 2 pix on the screen.
:welcome newby:wave :clap

All three tuners will record both HD and SD programs. Everything that is recorded appears in one list that can be viewed with either TV1 or TV2. With the OTA antenna connected you can record three programs at the same time, and if you want watch up to two recorded programs (if TV two is connected) at the same time, all of which can be either HD or SD. I have not used the PIP feature, so I will let someone comment on that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)