DVR 625 and a question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brakmar

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
south Florida
Hi,

I have a DVR 625 (duo SD). Which model would be a good replacement? I do not mind having something similar as long as it provides a HDMI connection.

I have another question: in my location (West Palm Beach area) everytime there is 3 drops of rain (OK, let's say 4 drops) the satellite connection is lost.
Is it a normal occurrence? Remedy? I think I read somewhere that Direct TV claims a 99% successful connection no matter the weather.

Andre

Hi,

I have a DVR 625 (duo SD). Which model would be a good replacement? I do not mind having something similar as long as it provides a HDMI connection.

I have another question: in my location (West Palm Beach area) everytime there is 3 drops of rain (OK, let's say 4 drops) the satellite connection is lost.
Is it a normal occurrence? Remedy? I think I read somewhere that Direct TV claims a 99% successful connection no matter the weather.

Andre

your dish needs tweaking. Unless the cloud cover is masively thick, then you shouldn't lose your signal. Only time mine goes out is if it is covered with snow or if the storm coming thru is so heavy that the signal can't get thru the clouds.
Direct can say what they want, but if the clouds are thick then the signal can't get thru. If both a Dish and a direct dish are sitting next to each other and both are tweaked correctly, there shouldn't be a difference between either signal.

DISH for Westerb Arc 110/119/129 has a lower look angle to the satellites than Directv. That mrans you are looking through more of the Earths atmosphere to get the satellite signal, so even if the storm isn't right overhead you may have a weakened signal. If your satellite dish is only slightly missaligned further weakenung will cause satellite loss. In Florida you can almost count on a midafternoon thunder storm passing through so you will have more rainfade than someone in arrid Arizona.

A 622 or 722 would be the closest DVR with HDMI to replace the 625. With a HD DVR expect even more possible rain fade problems if you are on Western Arc due to 129 being very low on the horizon.

722K with OTA module will allow recording of 4 shows at once, 2 OTA AND two sat....

You will need some sort of OTA antenna but should be able to get locals even in bad weather

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts