DVR 625 Hard drive issue

zone97

Original poster
Jul 31, 2009
Tennessee
Hello all, new here. But I have searched a lot and cannot find an answer to this.

I have a Dish network DVR625 and have had it for years. I often remove the drive and use PVRexplorer to get the movies off of it. Tonight I did this, and when done put the drive back and now the DVR will not recognize it? I have tried the menu,6,3,right,left ect thing and it tells me its cleaning the drive, but when done it keeps giving me the 0541 error.

The drive is not damaged, i can still see it on a PC. Is there any other hidden command for this unit I can try to get the drive to work? I also have other drives I could use if the hidden command will re-setup the drive.

Thanks.

thank you for the advice, I took a new drive of similar size and performed a low level format on it. Put it in the DVR and did the hidden back door command. Again it said it was cleaning the drive and did this 2 - 3 times. Still reports that there is an issue. Reference: 04ee

Is there a backdoor command that will format the drive and restore usable partitions. If the original drive has issues, cloning it will not solve my issue.

@garys: this is not hack talk, I am not asking how to steal satellite or even how to copy programs off the drive. (I already know how). I am asking for help of a technical nature to repair a problem with a drive.

Only 'approved' hard drives could be used for Dish DVR. Research more Yahoo groups for that current list.

How about this...

I have a second identical unit, only difference is the second unit has a larger drive? I have cloned the drive, and cloned the partitions, and tried to use this to restore the old units drive to usable. No luck? I dont seem to get where the disconnect is. The drive is not physically damaged in anyway, and even with working software on it the dvr gives the same errors? how can I get this old drive back to working? Is there an OTA restore?

You still not reveal the disk's models - that would big plus for the discussion.

BTW, all DP625 have SAME size 250 GB disk, difference is - different manufacturers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts