DVR 625

fgolino

Original poster
Feb 22, 2010
Dutchess, NY
Hi,
I have a Dishnetwork DVR 625 and we have it setup in 2 TV mode, meaning I have it setup for 2 TVs each can watch a different channel at the same time.

Recently my TV1 started having trouble recieving channels on the 119 satellite, I get an 002 error saying the signal has been lost. But, if I go to TV2 I can watch that same channel.
I had the dish people out and they replaced the eyeball on the satellite but this did not stay working. It worked for a few hours and then I started getting that error on TV1 again.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks and much appreciated!!!
Freddie

Could be a bad DN separator or the 625 could have a tuner going out

The DN separator is the small object which looks like a 2-way splitter found at the rear of the 625. I believe swapping the cables would be a good trobleshooting point. Then, if the signal issue moves from TV1 to TV2 then I'd say a new DN separator will fix the problem.

Ok I switched the cables on the DN seperator and the issue followed.
Before I switched the cables the issue happened on TV1, after switching the cables the issue happens on TV2 and NOT TV1.
So does this mean I need a new DN thing?

Thanks Again!!!!

If the issue follows the lead, and the LNB has been replaced the issue will be found in the lines or a connection. Make sure that all the connections are tight and are compression type, NO screw on type. Dish network duel receivers are VERY sensitive to connections and lines. If the wire has been bent to much it could cause the system to act weird. If you check all the connectors and find no rust in the connector or a loose connector. you will need a tech to check the system.

try turning one side off when in dual mode, and see it works ok. if it works ok shut that one
off and try the other side for ok operation. if problem exists only when both sides are on
then problem will more than likely be the cable or connections, not the receiver.

I also have this problem I have switched the dish sattelite head, I have the Dish Dp plus. I have put a new seperator in back of the dvr 625, I have changed the cables going to the back of the seperator to the dvr. This morning I put both tvs besides each other and no matter what I changed the problem just transfers from one tv to the other. For example the History channel if set #1 is tuned to this channel and it's the first reciver button to be turned on it will work, then tv#2 won't be able to recieve the History channel. If you reboot the reciever and turn on #2 first then it will recieve the History channel and tv#1 won't. This is with both sets sitting side by side with a short cable connecting them. I have called dish and they want to send out a tech and I haven't let them as I am sure my reciever is bad and they will just change it and bill me a service call. The channels that seem to bother are always History Fox Espn, I think the True, Realty and Discovery and about 2 days a week I am able to recieve the weather channel on both tvs. Any ideas? Also is there any discounted, upgrades available besides high definition? I am also upset about Dish charging me 14.90 more for something on my bill so am thinking about possibly quitting them and going to Direct. I rv most of the time, about 10 months of the year, and am comfortable with setting up the sattelite ect with Dish kind of hate to quit them, but money counts.

Dishnetwork are a bunch of a**holes! when I was a subcontractor with them., they would
make us go to trouble calls and try to fix satellite 129 for hd channels. customers were always
complaining that they were loosing channels they never informed the customer it was out of
my control due to the satellite was coming down and it was wobble up there and that it was going to be replaced with
a new satellite Ciel for 129
I had to spend my own gas money and time for something that was out of my control
I should of been able to get refund for gas expense and for the endless time I spent trying to fix something out
of my control.

the faulty receivers made in China are a piece of sh*t! when I would have to replace a Dual turner with sh!tty diplexers from china. I can here my customers tell me there working on
there 3rd receiver. I wish I could be honest with them and tell them dishnetwork likes to use remain receivers switches and Lnbs. I would never use Dishnetwork systems at my house
in less it old school legacy.

If the issue follows the lead, and the LNB has been replaced the issue will be found in the lines or a connection. Make sure that all the connections are tight and are compression type, NO screw on type. Dish network duel receivers are VERY sensitive to connections and lines. If the wire has been bent to much it could cause the system to act weird. If you check all the connectors and find no rust in the connector or a loose connector. you will need a tech to check the system.
:up

I've seen this a few times lately, change the LNB and the problem comes back within a day. Unhook the connections at the ground block and diplexer, and see if they look shorted or are black in color inside, it's possible they've gotten water in them. If all the connections are clean and dry, it's most likely a problem with the cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)