Dvr 625

dooger

Original poster
Feb 27, 2007
2 months ago my service (Dish Network) was installed. I have a DVR 625 dual receiver in my upstairs bedroom connected to a tv. The second TV is downstairs in my rec room. Unfortunately to access the receiver from downstairs I have to strain myself with the remote. This is hoping that I can get the antennae right with the remote. On the back of the receiver is an antennae on a cable roughly 3 feet long. Is it possible to make the cord longer by just buying another cable. OR is there an another method I can use to allow me to change channels from downstairs. The distance between the receiver and downstairs tv area is about 20 feet. Other then going thru the floor boards, there's 3 walls. Any suggestions?

get (2) two way splitters and combine both the tv2 and the antenna together.

TV2 output coax jack, and antenna coax jack both go into the OUT legs of the splitter, and the IN goes to the original end you just unscrewed from the TV2 on the back of the 625.

now take the other splitter and remove the f-connector from the back of the 2nd television and put this end on the IN side of the splitter. Now take the antenna and put on one of the OUT legs and take a jumper and go from the other OUT to the back of the tv.

Drawings (schematics)

Are there any drawings (schematics) showing this setup? I want to make sure I do this correctly. If I understand this correctly, all I need to buy is 2 "2 Way Splitters"?

I did this drawing for John a while ago. It's the same procedure.

Attachments

• John.jpg
    John.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 241
2 months ago my service (Dish Network) was installed. I have a DVR 625 dual receiver in my upstairs bedroom connected to a tv. The second TV is downstairs in my rec room. Unfortunately to access the receiver from downstairs I have to strain myself with the remote. This is hoping that I can get the antennae right with the remote. On the back of the receiver is an antennae on a cable roughly 3 feet long. Is it possible to make the cord longer by just buying another cable. OR is there an another method I can use to allow me to change channels from downstairs. The distance between the receiver and downstairs tv area is about 20 feet. Other then going thru the floor boards, there's 3 walls. Any suggestions?

The above suggestions will work but there is another way to increase range without spending any money.

Sound interested?

With the #2 remote, you can increase its sensitivity to transmit.
Walk to a point in the house where your #2 remote just starts to malfunction or is hit and miss with a good signal.
Then on the remote, Press Browse, Theme, and Record.
Now, go to the room where the downstairs TV is located and do it again.
Hit Browse, Theme, and Record.

Now from your downstairs TV, check it out. It should be a stronger signal for the #2 remote. Am I correct?

The above suggestions will work but there is another way to increase range without spending any money.

Sound interested?

With the #2 remote, you can increase its sensitivity to transmit.
Walk to a point in the house where your #2 remote just starts to malfunction or is hit and miss with a good signal.
Then on the remote, Press Browse, Theme, and Record.
Now, go to the room where the downstairs TV is located and do it again.
Hit Browse, Theme, and Record.

Now from your downstairs TV, check it out. It should be a stronger signal for the #2 remote. Am I correct?

I thought this only worked on UHF legacy remotes that are used on 4900 receivers. I know that 501/508/510/721 also use the UHF legacy technology but was not sure if that worked on the newer legacy UHF receivers.

I thought this only worked on UHF legacy remotes that are used on 4900 receivers. I know that 501/508/510/721 also use the UHF legacy technology but was not sure if that worked on the newer legacy UHF receivers.

It works with his remote #2 for the 625 receiver.

OK, what about two TV2 remotes? Can I do it to both, or should I?

Thanks

Steve

You want to have both tuners operating with a TV2 remote in the UHF function as opposed to using infra red for one of them, correct?
Yes, both tuners from the same receiver will work with two TV2 remotes.
You have to program each of the TV2 remotes with different remote adddresses.
One of them for tuner #1 and one for tuner #2. Works.

I've been on Peach Street in Erie several times. Nice place. Lots of electronic stores on Peach St.

Adding to my post #15, Start the procedure by going to the 625 receiver front panel and Press Menu.
Then select - System Setup - Installation - TV1 UHF Pro Setup - Enable .

Select System Info and move highlight to the address for the #1 Remote Address.
Then follow the manuals instructions for setting the Remote Address.
Then go to the second receiver and with the other remote set the Remote Address to a different address number from receiver #1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts