DVR 942 Two Tuner Question

Videomax

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
I'm considering subscribing to VOOM and getting the DVR942. I know it was a dual tuner so that you can watch two separate channels in two spearate rooms. My question is an odd one: Let's say someone is watching a program on a TV in which the DVR is directly connected to. Now someone wants to watch a different program in another room. How would you go about viewing or changing the channels in the second room?

My 942 remote works flawlessly from the opposite end of the house upstairs from the 942. I was surprised how well!

Videomax said:
I'm considering subscribing to VOOM and getting the DVR942. I know it was a dual tuner so that you can watch two separate channels in two spearate rooms. My question is an odd one: Let's say someone is watching a program on a TV in which the DVR is directly connected to. Now someone wants to watch a different program in another room. How would you go about viewing or changing the channels in the second room?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but I think the answer to your question is that the 942 comes with two remotes. One IR remote to control the TV1 tuner (with component and HDMI outputs), and one UHF remote that controls the TV2 location (with composite and a modulated antenna-type output which can be set to various frequencies). The 942 can operate in two modes: a single mode (in which case both outputs show the same picture), and a dual mode (in which case the TV2 location can view DVR content or use its own Sat tuner). In Dual mode I don't believe TV2 can view signals from the OTA tuner.

Other posters have indicated that it is possible to replace the IR remote with a purchased second UHF remote to have it operate the TV1 location.

Hope this helps.

CDH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts