DVR Advantage Fees

BearcatScott

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Springboro, OH
My parents signed up for DVR Advantage with one 622 and no other receivers on their account. The CSR at the time said there would be no $6 lease fee or $5.98 DVR fee. Well, their bill came and there was a $6 lease fee tacked on to the bill. They called and complained and the CSR said the bill was correct, the lease fee is not waived on the 622. I was under the understanding that the DVR and lease fees were both waived for the first receiver under DVR Advantage. Am I wrong?

My parents signed up for DVR Advantage with one 622 and no other receivers on their account. The CSR at the time said there would be no $6 lease fee or $5.98 DVR fee. Well, their bill came and there was a $6 lease fee tacked on to the bill. They called and complained and the CSR said the bill was correct, the lease fee is not waived on the 622. I was under the understanding that the DVR and lease fees were both waived for the first receiver under DVR Advantage. Am I wrong?

I have the same setup and the lease fee is not charged. It has nothing to do with DVR Advantage but rather a change with how DishinItUp works with existing customers. It changed to work the same as new customers (with respect to lease fees on single receiver setups.) Mainstreet posted this graphic a few weeks ago that explains their new policy. This was something that was apparently sent to retailers (called a Faxblast I think). Explain this to a supervisor and you should be able to get it corrected.

I don't believe the lease fees are waived. I have the same thing (although not a new customer and i have to pay the lease fee.)

Thanks, Dave. The only thing I see a problem with is my parents received the 622 in December or January I think, and then they signed up for DVR Advantage in March. They do not have a DHA contract but I believe the 622 upgrade was through Dish'N It Up. They are receiving the $10/month for 10 months HD rebate. I will have them try an get a supervisor next time they call.

Gotcha. It does appear pretty clear that it is only for DIU upgrades after Feb 1st. Sorry, forgot to ask you about when they got the 622.

Straight from the Dis site: Dish DVR Advantage

With this all-inclusive package, you get over 200 of your favorite channels, including SIRIUS music and your local channels, plus 2-room DVR service and Free Standard Professional Installation, all with no hidden fees.

No hidden fees is no fees! Or Dish is full of sh*t as usual.

Thanks, Dave. The only thing I see a problem with is my parents received the 622 in December or January I think, and then they signed up for DVR Advantage in March. They do not have a DHA contract but I believe the 622 upgrade was through Dish'N It Up. They are receiving the $10/month for 10 months HD rebate. I will have them try an get a supervisor next time they call.

Lease fees have absolutely NOTHING to do with dvr advantage so separate the two from here on out. The diu receivers are always subject to leased receiver fees. They will not waive it for you because the tsr/csr was wrong. You can't waive receiver fees, not even a supervisor can do it. Don't waste your time.

Straight from the Dis site: Dish DVR Advantage

With this all-inclusive package, you get over 200 of your favorite channels, including SIRIUS music and your local channels, plus 2-room DVR service and Free Standard Professional Installation, all with no hidden fees.

No hidden fees is no fees! Or Dish is full of sh*t as usual.

DVR advantage does not include receiver fees other than the dvr fee, hence they are not hidden, they are separate. Don't get caught up in marketing.

Lease fees have been removed from the 625 and 622 as of February 1, 2007 through the Dish'n Up promotion. If you email ceo@echostar.com, they will take care of the lease fees if you have signed up for this promotion after this date.

Lease fees have absolutely NOTHING to do with dvr advantage so separate the two from here on out. The diu receivers are always subject to leased receiver fees. They will not waive it for you because the tsr/csr was wrong. You can't waive receiver fees, not even a supervisor can do it. Don't waste your time.

You are quite mistaken.

Under DIU, post 1 Feb 2007, for 622 and 625 there is no lease fee if the 622/625 is listed as the "primary" receiver.

Before you go off on this one, there is a faxblast and a CEO e-mail on this site which clears this up. IF you DIU prior to 1 Feb 2007, you are out of luck on this new "program".

You are quite mistaken.

Under DIU, post 1 Feb 2007, for 622 and 625 there is no lease fee if the 622/625 is listed as the "primary" receiver.

Before you go off on this one, there is a faxblast and a CEO e-mail on this site which clears this up. IF you DIU prior to 1 Feb 2007, you are out of luck on this new "program".

Anyway to tell which receiver DISH claims as your primary? I've got 3 receivers (all owned) and would like to replace one of them with a 622 under DIU. If I can save $6 a month by picking the right receiver to deactivate, I'd gladly do it.

Anyway to tell which receiver DISH claims as your primary? I've got 3 receivers (all owned) and would like to replace one of them with a 622 under DIU. If I can save $6 a month by picking the right receiver to deactivate, I'd gladly do it.
Yes. I own my ViP211 and have it as my Primary receiver. My leased Vip622 is the second receiver (under the DishDVR Advantage) so the I pay just the one $6 fee for the 622, not $6 for lease and $6 for an additional HD receiver. Just explain it to the CSR when you activate.