DVR and HDTV from same remote?

x5150x

Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Hello everyone! I am new to this board and to Dish Network.

I have a regular Dish Network DVR in my office (TV1) and there is a coax cable that runs into my living room (TV2). The remote for TV2 is UHF.

I just installed a Dish Network HD receiver in my living room and am using a DVI cable for the hookup to my TV.

I plugged the coax cable from the DVR into the coax input on my TV...I can watch TV through the DVR by going to channel 60 on my TV or I can watch TV through the HD receiver by switching to the DVI input.

Is there a better way to hook this up?

Also...is there a way that I can use 1 remote to control both my HD and DVR receivers?

By the way...my TV is a 40" HD monitor from Dish Network (basically a reboxed RCA) that came with a remote that controls both the TV and the HD receiver.

I appreciate your help and advice!

There is no way to use 1 remote for both IRD's that I am aware of. You could put them both on the same remote address and it would control them both, but you would not be able to control them seperatly. Basically if you changed the channel on one it would do the same on the other.

I wish Dish would add that capability to their remote controls, so those of us with multiple receivers could have one or more fewer remotes laying next to us.

I wouldn't care if the one remote controlled both receivers...but would that cause any problems with the DVR?

And how do I put them both onthe same address?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)