DVR Basic question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GoalieEd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Sorry if this is a really basic quest, but I can't figure out how to do this..

I'm watching something on tuner #2 (on the smaller remote TV) on a dish dvr. I then start seeing the timer count down to switch the channel.. TV1 isn't being used, so I'd like to keep watching what I'm watching on tuner 2, and have whatever show my wife set up switch to recording off of tuner 1 (where it won't bother anyone). Is there a way to do that? Thanks.

It was already enabled for TV2, so I switched it to enabled for TV1. However, 10 minutes later it switched TV2 from my hockey to record my wife's "Grey anatomy" anyways. 8-(

I hit "help" but the only option was to cancel or OK...not an option to move the recording to TV1 either.

It sounds like he is in dual mode and watching tv2. There is no way to force the receiver to switch to recording on tuner 1 just because you are viewing tv2.
If you disable record plus in dual mode then the receiver will record on whichever tuner the timer was originally set up on.

You might have been able to go into the menus before the timer fired and change the default tuner in the record plus menu to tuner1, thus freeing tuner 2 for viewing on tv2.

I suggest single mode (on front panel) to stop the "dueling" mode, so long as you don't need dual controls.
-Ken

Maybe I'm missing something but doesn't that defeat the basic purpose of the 2 tuner receiver, to be able to watch different programs on 2 different tvs without the need for a sat box in each room.

Ross

If its in duel mode you can only watch one thing and or record on and watch one. that is one of the downfalls of duel. If you switch it to single you can record two and watch one. At least that is what I read. Could be wrong.

I was just thinking about this subject. I have record plus enabled with recording to TV2. This makes sense most of the time for us. We watch most of our programs on the big flat screen in the den. TV 2 is in our bedroom. There are occasions when it would be nice to be able to over ride the record plus. I wonder if it is technically possible and is it something that if enough people would find useful that dish would entertain adding it to a future software upgrade....

Ross

Note the quotes on duel. Use in SINGLE mode when you do not need independent outputs, i.e., no one is watching a different program--you do need access to the front panel. In single mord you can swap tuners, do pip, and not worry until you are recording 2 and want to watch yet another. In that case you need a second box. You can flip from dual at any time but it is likely TV1 get its tuning, and TV2 the other.

Regarding flipping the outputs, you should try going to single and press swap and then back to dual.

BTW if recording two you can only watch one recording on each output, single or dual.

-Ken

Regardless of Single or Dual mode, you can send both over the coax and watch TV1 at the remote TV if you have occasion to. Look in the menu under "Modulator setup"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)