DVR box sucks

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Ugh, this is the second DVR box we've had from Cox. The first one, on the first day, didn't power up correctly and was displaying an error code. This second one for 4 weeks hasn't had correct guide data for a few of our channels, including one that I record. I thought it was their guide data until I looked on my in-laws basic digital box and noticed that they are showing correct guide data. The cable tech person on the phone tried to send a guide reset hit to the box but it didn't work. So they are sending a tech out tomorrow to the house to see what's going on. Lovely....

I really miss our Directv DTivo.... Never had an issue with it.

Which model are you using? I have the Motorola 6412 and haven't had any problems with it, including the PG information is working fine.

That model there. I'm seriously considering swapping it out for the regular digital box. The DVR functionality just plain sucks compared to the DTivo.

Neutron said:
That model there. I'm seriously considering swapping it out for the regular digital box. The DVR functionality just plain sucks compared to the DTivo.

What did the Cox Tech do yesterday? Did he swap out your DVR for another one?

Nope he called the house and told my wife to have me unplug the box for 15 min then plug it back in and don't do anything for 45 min. Basically get out of troubleshooting it.

I would call Cox back and ask them to swap out the DVR unit. It sounds like you might have an internal problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)