DVR change opinion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kevstok

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
Wylie, TX
I currently own a Phillips DSR7000 35 hour DVR. I have begun to use it quite frequently and run out of space before I have a chance to watch everything. I originally was going to wait on upgrading until the HD DVR came down in price but I am not sure I want to wait that long. I am thinking about upgrading to an 80 hour DVR but want to know which one is the better, the R10 or the Hughes SDDVR80. I would appreciate any input on which receiver and good/bad on waiting for the HR10 to come down.

Why not just go to weaknees.com and add harddrive capacity? That's what I would do. Rather than spend the money now on a new DVR and then have to do it again when you decide to go HD. I guess either way it will cost you money, but to me upgrading the harddrive would be the easier way to go. If you want to change units though, I just got my R10 and I really like it so far. No complaints yet.

Thanks for the input but it looks like it would cost me more to upgrade the hard drive that to just buy the new DVR.

I have the HUGHES you mention and like it very much.

at weaknees.com they also have a 70 TiVO, standalone, for $49 after rebate

it does appear cheaper to get a whole new unit and the smaller unit in another room or e bay it

DrWho, that's probably what I will do. I will just replace the regular receiver in my computer room with the 35 hr DVR and get the 70 hr one to replace the 35 hr one.

Buy a hard drive and upgrade the space to your Tivo. Still cheaper than buying a new one. Instructions to do are very straightforward. Go HERE to see how easy it is.

Again, by the time I buy an 80 GB hard drive from them and all the stuff to upgrade it, it will cost me more than buying a new DVR. Then I can have 2 in the house. Thanks for the input.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts