DVR compatibility.

Pkai

Original poster
Oct 4, 2014
Oahu
Hello, I'm considering switching from Directv to Dish. Currently the DVRs that Dish are offering me are out of my budget. Can I use my Directv TiVo DVR (model THR22-100) to record programs on Dish?
Thanks for your help.

Really, only dish equipment is compatible to decode dish. You can possibly do a DVD burner using rca cables on a non dvr, if that's something you would like to try, but for the extra services offered, like on demand and convience, I'd just get the dvr. Is money the biggest reason for the switch from DTV?

Hello, I'm considering switching from Directv to Dish. Currently the DVRs that Dish are offering me are out of my budget. Can I use my Directv TiVo DVR (model THR22-100) to record programs on Dish?
Thanks for your help.

There's no need to BUY a Dish dvr to get service, it's given to you to use as part of the lease. Contact them and ask them for their best deal for a new subscriber, and see what they offer you. I think you'll be surprised at how good a deal a new sub can be.

Thanks for your help.
Are you trying to buy or lease receivers?

I would suggest just leasing them and go with the HWS/J system as it's the best system currently out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can always buy a 211 receiver( less than $100), pay $40 for the DVR function to create a fee free DVR. You have to add a hard drive so that is an extra cost but HD's can be cheap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)