DVR events gone!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

redeye

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
:mad: I had 60 DVR events recorded on my 522 (SW L295) & last time I checked (week or 2 ago) everything was normal. Today, I go in to watch a few & the whole list says "recovered" for each one, with a message that "...has experienced data corruption & has been recovered". I figure WOW - smart machine - only thing missing is actual show title, but I can figure that out from the channel it was recorded from. WRONG!! When I try to play one, it opens for about 10 seconds & then says "playback over". I tried re-booting with both the power button & the electrical cord, but same stuff. Anybody know what gives & if there's any chance I can actually "recover" any of the recordings???:confused:

is the "hard reboot" just unplugging from the elctrical outlet for a few minutes?? I tried that once with no results, but maybe I'll give it another shot...

I have noticed my father's 522 would have the Daily Schedule (accessed by pressing DVR button twice) be empty and shows not record from time to time. It was due to him leaving the receiver on and it not getting the EPG updated. I resolved this by going as far into the future in the EPG as I could and it would then trigger to download the latest EPG data. After that the Daily Schedule is there again. I thought I even saw all of the DVR Events gone once before I updated the EPG.

Purogamer said:
So the recording themselves are fine, the program data is just screwed, right gdarwin?

That what it looks like to me. I could always get them back. One time I let it sit overnight and they came back. I have never deleted any of them - as E* Tech would have you do.

That EPG is a funny beast. Only times I really lose it is when I watch an event I recorded. I can go through the guide before and during the recorded program, but as soon as I exit back to live tv it loses the data in the EPG. Why? Dunno. Doesn't matter what time it is, just decides it doesn't want to show me the data anymore...

gdarwin said:
When the 942 does this I can always get themm back with a hard reboot.
gdarwin, how long has this been going on for you? I went on Dish-pause last Monday (6/6) and it started happening on my 942 on all my OTA events at that time. Someone at dbstalk suggested that it may be the most recent software update from 1.5 weeks ago causing this since he was experiencing the same problem with his 942. In both of our cases, the events show in the DVR list as "Recovered" with exactly 1 hour length. When I play the event back, the event has the correct length so that if it was supposed to be for 30 minutes, it plays for 30 minutes. However, when it gets in this "Recovered" state, you can no longer edit the DVR event name. I wonder if adding this event name editing feature caused this corruption problem.

It has been over two months since this last happened. I have never seen the programs go into "recovered". I just went in and edit an OTA title without any problem.

I have also put a UPS on all receivers. This seemed to clear up alot of problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)