DVR fee changed from 4.99 to 5.99

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JustBob

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 9, 2005
Wisconsin
I remember hearing that DirecTV changed its DVR fee from 4.99/month to 5.99/month recently. But for anyone who already had it, they would get to keep paying the 4.99/month price. Has that changed? I've had my DVR since June, 2004 and I just noticed on my DirecTV account that on January 16 it appears they changed what I'm paying. There's a -3.99 DVR charge along with a +4.79 DVR charge. This works out to 24 days of a 30 day charge of 4.99 and 5.99 respectively. I had called in on that day to drop Showtime which I had received as a free Promo back in August. I don't see how that would affect things. Has anyone else had problems keeping their DVR fee at 4.99? Looks like I need to call again.

-JustBob

JustBob said:
I remember hearing that DirecTV changed its DVR fee from 4.99/month to 5.99/month recently. But for anyone who already had it, they would get to keep paying the 4.99/month price. Has that changed? I've had my DVR since June, 2004 and I just noticed on my DirecTV account that on January 16 it appears they changed what I'm paying. There's a -3.99 DVR charge along with a +4.79 DVR charge. This works out to 24 days of a 30 day charge of 4.99 and 5.99 respectively. I had called in on that day to drop Showtime which I had received as a free Promo back in August. I don't see how that would affect things. Has anyone else had problems keeping their DVR fee at 4.99? Looks like I need to call again.

-JustBob

I nkow there were other threads relating to this but couldn't find. Was on the phone last night regarding adding HD to my programming as it has not been available online for me to add myself.

While I was waiting for the Rep to add, she also looked at my account to be sure things were in line. She mentioned that I should have the grandfathered DVR fee of $4.99 and not the $5.99 I have been charged since November. She fixed it and I should have the $4.99 from now on she said.

Cool, save $1 per month from a (hopefully) knowledgable Rep. I like getting the good ones when I call in. Unfortunately we usually get the terrible ones.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)