DVR Fee on Owned Equipment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

matthewh

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
I was told if you own your DVR receiver out right that the DVR fee would not apply. Apparently thats not true? Seems unfair they charge for something that costs them nothing.

Matt

It's true if the receiver you own is a 501, 508 or 721. The fee is waived only if you have America's (almost) Everything Pack. Allowing the DVR to perform its built-in function is no skin off their nose, boosts subscriber retention (or, depending on the model, drives churn:D), and for that you get to pay them $4.99/mo.

>>>It's true if the receiver you own is a 501, 508 or 721.

So its not waived on those models without the everything pack? What about on the 522 assuming I own it?

Matt

510 on up all have DVR fees 501,508,721 All are grandfathered in no DVR fee i will keep my 721 till it dies.....

501, 508, & 721: No DVR fee PERIOD.
All other DVR models: $4.99/month regardless of own/lease status (Waived under America's Everything Pak only)

chaddux said:
501, 508, & 721: No DVR fee PERIOD.
All other DVR models: $4.99/month regardless of own/lease status (Waived under America's Everything Pak only)

I have the 721. I don't have the everything pack, in fact I have 2 below it, No FEES. :cool:

shadowman11 said:
I have the 721. I don't have the everything pack, in fact I have 2 below it, No FEES. :cool:

I don't know what your point is but if you will read what I wrote (and what you quoted), that's exactly what I said. I'll highlight it for you in case you can't see.

"501, 508, & 721: No DVR fee PERIOD."

chaddux said:
I don't know what your point is but if you will read what I wrote (and what you quoted), that's exactly what I said. I'll highlight it for you in case you can't see.

"501, 508, & 721: No DVR fee PERIOD."
WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM DUDE? I was agreeing with ***hole. Take a big pill

shadowman11 said:
WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM DUDE? I was agreeing with ***hole. Take a big pill

It looks like you are disagreeing. By saying that you don't have any fees despite being "2 below it," that makes it looks like you didn't read what I wrote and are contradicting me. No need for cursing. I didn't curse at you.

Pils said:
Chaddux is at it again!

I'm not at anything. It was just a misunderstanding. Normally, when someone posts something redundant, it's because they didn't actually read the thread before posting. I misread his intent and he chose to curse at me. I think we can call it even.

No problem. Anyways, maybe they should do a owned equipment, no fee. Leased - fee, unless everything pack. On all boxes.

Pils said:
No problem. Anyways, maybe they should do a owned equipment, no fee. Leased - fee, unless everything pack. On all boxes.

That's never going to happen. I think it would be too much of a hit to revenues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts