DVR Fee With Only SkyAngel?

andrews777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 5, 2004
I have a lifetime sub to SkyAngel. We are planning on phasing back to SkyAngel only with our two 522s. Will I have any DVR fee in that case if I have no paid for Dish programming?

Brad

If you leased the equipment through Dish, when you cancel they will make you return the equipment..

I own the receivers. I bought them on Ebay and have had them active since last fall. :)

Brad

Why if I have no "account" with Dish, except that they provide access for SkyAngel?

I will probably find out soon. :)

Brad

The thing is, even if you dont have an E* account, E* still handles all the functions of activations etc, for skyangel...

I know the 5$ "additonal receiver" fee is valid if you have an additonal box and that's charged by E*

Guess all you can do is ait and see :)

Yes, I got hit with 3 "because we can" fees. I do have to pay the extra receiver fee and two DVR fees, at least I do if someone can't tell me how to avoid it. They claim I am using "Dish's Equipment" even though I own all equipment and wiring in my house. I do have an offer for free reconnect and two months free Top180 if I understood the CSO correctly. I figure I will be gone for at least two years, though hitting me with $15 worth of "because we can" fees doesn't make me very favorable toward Dish.

Brad

Ripping the customer for $5.00 more per month, go check it and see how muchn they gain in a month., its more then enough for charlie's salary.

Well, this past Monday I finally upgraded receivers from an old legacy 2700, to a 508 pvr. The 508 is sweet. Digital recording and SA go hand in hand. I've been wanting to do this since tivo 1st came out.

~ Kountzer ~

That's true. I bought a 508 about a year and a half ago when I needed to replace my receiver -- they told me that free DVR was "grandfathered" on that model. I've never paid a fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)