Dvr Fees Going Up!

Roger said:
Lifetime sucks but what happens when it happens to your channel? I don't want to play any of Charlie's game and I want all the channels I want like OLN so I'm going with DTV. .

What if what if? I am not going to cancel E* because of "what if this happens in the future?". E* very well could remove one of my favorite channels, and so could cable or D*. If it happens, I'll deal with it when it comes. If I was a Lifetime viewer, I would probably cancel E* over this, but I am not.

My wife watched Lifetime. But she's hardly upset at it's loss. No over reaction there.

Maybe some folks should keep all the D* & E* dishes on their roof. That way, they can switch providers more easily every time a satco runs their business without consulting them.

navychop said:
If you think it's hard to figure out E* fees, try going to the D* site and try to figure out what locals cost- without actually ordering the service.

Local channels, where available, are included in all three Total Choice programming packages, they're not a seperatly priced option.

So if I don't want the locals (I have great OTA), I'd have to pay for them anyway?

navychop said:
So if I don't want the locals (I have great OTA), I'd have to pay for them anyway?

That wasn't your question, you said you couldn't find on the D* web site how much locals cost to which I responded that they are include in all their packages. If you don't want the locals then don't get D*, simple.

It's simple and it's on their website:

"In select markets, programming and pricing may vary. If local channels are not available in your area, you can still enjoy TOTAL CHOICE programming for $3 less than the listed prices."

3 508's (2 additional outlet fees =$10) vs. 1 522/625 + 1 508 (1 additional outlet fee + 1 DVR fee = $11 next month). Currently its the same price, next month a dollar difference. If you had two 522's there would be only a dollar or two difference but you would have four televisions with DVR functionality.

This will definately affect my decsion on whether to drop down from the "Everything" pack. All I have is a 942, and it would actually COST $2 MORE to drop one movie channel. Dropping two would only save $5. Dropping from 180 to 120 AND one movie channel saves $8. And dropping two AND moving to 120 saves $15.

Any savings less than $10 doesn't seem worthwhile to me, and I don't know if I want to drop enough to save $15. So I'll probably just leave it alone.

I dropped all of my premium movie channels and I saved about $40.00 with some tax included , then of course since I have 2 942 dvrs , I have to pay 4.98x2 = 9.96 (next month it will be 2 x 5.98=11.96.) So I am only saving 30.04 ( next month it will only be 28.04), and of course let us not forget the price increase of $2.00 on Top 180 so I will only be saving next month $26.04 a month.

They get you coming and going with all these dvr fee increases and price increases.:mad: Next year I will downgrade to top 120 after the next price increase. Then the year after that I will downgrade to top 60 and the year after that I will only keep locals . I forgot to mention I will still keep the hd / voom pack , unless it too keeps going up.

BRING ON ALA CARTE!!!:hungry:

riffjim4069 said:
A DVR fee should cover the entire household...that's the way Cable does it.

That's the way D* does it too. I have 2 TiVO's and I only pay one DVR fee. I would suck to pay $5 for DVR and $5 for Additional IrD.

It's called inflation. Prices on most items go up. Why the great heartburn over satellite fees going up? The price increase isn't far from the cost of living index and seems to be less than cable increases in most areas.

navychop said:
It's called inflation. Prices on most items go up. Why the great heartburn over satellite fees going up? The price increase isn't far from the cost of living index and seems to be less than cable increases in most areas.

The way I see it is that I don't have a problem paying more for things like gas, food, electric, programming, it costs more to produce those items. But why a $1 per month increase in a PVR fee? What price increases has E* incurred to justify that large of an increase? The programming guide data is already their, it's needed for all the receivers, so what's causing that increase beside Charlie and the accounts saying here's another way to boost profits?

I have a DVR and pay no fee...is this a "leased" versus "owned" situation (I paid all the money to buy my DVR back in the day).

Big_Ed said:
I have a DVR and pay no fee...is this a "leased" versus "owned" situation (I paid all the money to buy my DVR back in the day).

You pay no DVR fee is you have a 501, 508, 721 or if you subscribe to AEP.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)