DVR fees..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tomyo10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
erie, pa
Can someone please explain the DVR fees? I got nowhere with a CSR yesterday.

A friend who has 2 625's, both hooked up to a phone line, and is being charged a $5.00 DVR fee along with $11.96/month for the DVRs.

The CSR explained(?) that the $5.00 was a lease fee, and the $11.96 was for the "functionality" of the DVRs.

I looked back at some of my old bills and I'm not getting charged for any "functionality" issues.

My friend is in her third month of her Dish life, and not very happy about it.

Unless you subscribe to the "Everything Pack" you will be charged a DVR fee ($5.98) for each receiver.

Also I thought the "lease fee" was $6.00??

Unless you subscribe to the "Everything Pack" you will be charged a DVR fee ($5.98) for each receiver.

Also I thought the "lease fee" was $6.00??

OK- thanks. She has the AT200.

I guess the other thing that irks me is the $5.00/month charge on top of the lease fees because she has another 625.

A friend who has 2 625's, both hooked up to a phone line, and is being charged a $5.00 DVR fee along with $11.96/month for the DVRs.

The CSR explained(?) that the $5.00 was a lease fee, and the $11.96 was for the "functionality" of the DVRs.

I looked back at some of my old bills and I'm not getting charged for any "functionality" issues.

The fees are a painful part of life..IMO Dish charges the fees because they can.
As a tech I hate it when customers attempt tp grill me over the fees. I try not to answer these questions for concern over the customer cancelling halfway thru an install...So I refer their inquiries to Dish...AFTER the install is complete..
Now this may seem unfair to some of you. However IMO it is not encumbent upon me to resolve issues between Dish and the customer..

I would tell her to subscribe to the DVR ADVANTAGE package - that one has no DVR fees and she would get the same AT200 programming. Her rate would go from 47.99 plus all the fees to 49.99 with no fees (locals included on both). I have DVR ADVANTAGE and my monthly bill is 54 and change (5.00 extra for no phone line). It does require a commitement or autopay.

Jeff

I would tell her to subscribe to the DVR ADVANTAGE package - that one has no DVR fees and she would get the same AT200 programming. Her rate would go from 47.99 plus all the fees to 49.99 with no fees (locals included on both). I have DVR ADVANTAGE and my monthly bill is 54 and change (5.00 extra for no phone line). It does require a commitement or autopay.

Jeff
I think the Dish Advantage only waives ONE DVR fee you still get hit for any other DVR receiver.

I think the Dish Advantage only waives ONE DVR fee you still get hit for any other DVR receiver.

I would still be cheaper than what she is paying now with the AT200 and TWO DVR fees. The other option would be to upgrade to the 622 to replace the 625's and run the 2 TV's off the 622.

Jeff

I would still be cheaper than what she is paying now with the AT200 and TWO DVR fees. The other option would be to upgrade to the 622 to replace the 625's and run the 2 TV's off the 622.

Jeff
The 625 already runs on 2 TV's.
If they switched to the 622 they would have to order HD package which is another $20/mo. or pay a $6.00/mo. fee for not have the HD package.

My advise remains to have your friend call a CSR and ask what the savings would be by changing to the DVR ADVANTAGE program. Then decide if the cost savings is enough to warrant entering an 18 month contract or autopay.

Jeff

Jeff

Hey now, don't misinform. The 49.99 does not include leased receiver fees and only covers 1 dual tuner dvr.

To a previous poster, 6$ lease fees are for HD receivers. It is 5$ for SD. Also every add'l receiver even purchased has add'l outlet fees. But DirecTV does it too so it is not just dish.

Please post the right info!

My advise remains to have your friend call a CSR and ask what the savings would be by changing to the DVR ADVANTAGE program. Then decide if the cost savings is enough to warrant entering an 18 month contract or autopay.

Jeff

Save a phone call, savings are $3.98.

Hey now, don't misinform. The 49.99 does not include leased receiver fees and only covers 1 dual tuner dvr.

To a previous poster, 6$ lease fees are for HD receivers. It is 5$ for SD. Also every add'l receiver even purchased has add'l outlet fees. But DirecTV does it too so it is not just dish.

Please post the right info!

It is the right info - it is right off my bill!

If you read all the posts you would see I also suggested 1 DVR (the 622 in my example) fed to 2 TV's to get the 49.99 rate. If she wants more DVR's then the extra cost is inherant.

Please read ALL the posts next time!

Jeff

I posted a similar question to "Ask Dish" on the sticky thread. I just don't get the extra $6 charge for essentially a HDD. By the end of a year, you could've paid for a 100 GB HDD (or larger), but that's not what you're getting as far as space goes. If they offered additional services like Tivo does, I could understand. But I just find it difficult to understand what the extra $6 is getting me. I've already built myself my own DVR that I use periodically with my HD receiver, but obviously, it's not in HD.

I have 2 leased receivers that cost $5 each ($10) then they charge a $5.99 fee for each so the DVR will work. Which is stupid however to get EVEN I don't watch any show LIVE and skip over every single commerical. (except Victoria Secret) :) :p

Jeff

Actually Jeff, in her situation, 49.99 does not cover her equipment. It covers your equipment. I did read all posts. And the question was not how dda affects your account, it was how would it affect her account. And you specifically said her rate would be 49.99, which is wrong. She has 2 625's. So your attempt to recover was wasted. Me FTW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)