DVR Forum... Welcome

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Welcome to the DVR forum. We will be moving all DVR related threads here. There are not too many but I am sure there will more in the months to come.

Should we also report Big Foot and UFO sightings here :) Good idea, Sean. This should take off in the coming months.

Good idea on forum Sean. Thanks.

I think we'll grow to a fevered pitch by Indian Summer. Still want to swing by Ucentric down the street for some engineering level discussions.

Ive considered an 811, HDDirectivo,Replay tv with component outs for $99, new TIVO form $129/I presently own a TIVO and DISH508. BUT i AM GETTING ANTSY FOR SOME NEW HARDWARE!!. i have to keep reminding myself the best I can do is be patient and wait for VOOM to make me happy with an HD PVR I CAN ACTUALLY AFFORD!!!!!!!!!

Well I just happened to call and talk to a Voom sales rep, and was told the DVR will be released in the fall, however she also informed me it will only record in SD regardless of weather your watching a HD channel or one of the SD channels.

Is this true or is she mis-informed herself, and if it is true...Doesn't it kinda defeat the purpose of releasing a new HD DVR receiver to only record in SD?

Currently it was the only reason I was even considering switching to Voom, as I thought thier new receiver might either be more affordable or even a rental rate like they have on thier current HD receiver.

Hd Pvr

D* HD PVR cost 999.99 Dollars how much will the Voom HD PVR cost allot of people are in a tight budget who could afford 999.99 Dollars. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)