dvr+hd+ dvd recorder

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cidbozek

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
maybe a dumb question but here it goes, could someone tell me if once the dvr is released, if i record a hd program to the hhd. is there and dvd recorders out there that can then burn a dvd from the voom dvrs hhd, and have it in hd format, on the burned dvd? any help would be great, thx everyone in advance.

I think that's EXACTLY what all of the copy protection stuff is working to prevent...

Lob

hmmmm

well i did see one dvd recorder out there that said you can make a dvd from a show that has the block on it but you cannot then make a copy of that dvd. also will pg show up with any of these recorders with voom?

Hi:
The only dvd player that is out now that can play HD dvd's is the Linkplayer by iodata. It plays WM9 HD files which you would need to convert on your computer from whatever format the DVR creates (probably mpeg2 transport streams). The linkplayer is also supposed to be able to play the mpeg2 transport streams directly after a firmware upgrade available next week. The question is whether there will be a firewire port on the DVR so that you can get the data off of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)