DVR input question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eddieic

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
I've been researching the DTV DVR and saw that it requires 2 signal inputs into the DVR box for full functionality, i.e., watching/recording 2 shows at once. I know for me to have 2 DTV boxes, I pay $4.99 for the second TV. Would I have to pay an additional $4.99 for the 2nd input into the DVR? Thanks.

eddieic said:
I've been researching the DTV DVR and saw that it requires 2 signal inputs into the DVR box for full functionality, i.e., watching/recording 2 shows at once. I know for me to have 2 DTV boxes, I pay $4.99 for the second TV. Would I have to pay an additional $4.99 for the 2nd input into the DVR? Thanks.

No, it's considered one box, so you don't pay a 2nd receiver fee, but you do pay a similar DVR fee for the first DVR -- no additional charge, other than the extra receiver charge, for more than one.

OK, second question. I've got the triple-head LNB mounted on a post in my yard. The system was installed professionally and was set up for 2 rooms. I don't know if there were more than 2 wires ran into the house from the satellite, but I'm assuming there weren't. If there were 3 or 4 installed, would there be 3 or 4 wires running down from the dish or up to the hole in the house? As of now, I think there are only 2. Also, I think there's a grounding block with only 2 inputs.

So my question is will I have to run a 3rd line from the satellite to a new grounding block and into the house in order to have the 2nd connection for the DVR or can I somehow split the signal that's already coming into the room in order to have 2 signals to the DVR? I currently have a basic receiver in that room receiving one signal.

Nevermind. I've done some searching in the forum and I think I've got the answers I need. Pretty much better off just calling an installer and having him run the extra line...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)