DVR Price increase

WillV

Original poster
Jun 4, 2004
Just got a letter from C**cast announcing a price jump for DVR service from $9.95 to $12.95 per month. "Due to the increased investments we're making in technology, Blah Blah"

At this point, I can't even recall when I got the price increase, but it's been $12.95 for as long as I can remember, so I guess that's been a while. I don't see any benefit for the customers regarding these price increases though. Shocker.

I had one installed this week and will be paying $11.95 in SE Michigan. That is what I was told and what was listed on the install sheet.

Before I jumped ship to Dish, I had Comcast. I purchased a Pioneer DVD recorder with hard drive (40 GB). It upload TV guide for programming, etc. It works quite well. Think about the monthly fee you pay, the DVD recorder will pay for itself in no time.

Here in Chattanooga too, $11.95 to $13.95. Plus standard cable went up $2.51, so I am now paying $4.51 more then last year. If it was an option for me I would go back to E*, for TV at least. If it was not for mandatory landline phone, I would be tempted to go dsl, not as fast but it is consistent and cheaper.

CenturyTel csr.
I bet you can't wait for the Easter Bunny.

Only recently has DSL been offered without dialtone. DSL is typically a POTS line with digital riding on top. Many consider it the only way of having higher speed Internet while still supporting alarms and other devices designed to operate over a POTS line.

Centurytel is not a former Bell company and do not have to play buy the same rules as AT&T, Verizon etc., thus they do not have to offer naked DSL. :mad:
I'm not sure we're on the same page. Naked DSL is DSL without dialtone. Are you saying that CenturyTel requires dialtone on their DSL lines or rather that they don't offer dialtone on their DSL lines?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)