DVR question before I buy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SliderNMFD

Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
I've seen a few sales and have a few gift cards that I need to use and am interested in getting a DVR. My current setup is as follows:

Round dish with dual LNB feeding two basic RCA DirecTV boxes.

If I wanted to run the DirecTivo unit, what would I need to do to be able to record one and watch one at the same time? Or am I pretty much out of luck?

Buy a multi-switch. You can have the 2 lines for your TV, and the lines for the other receivers.

I'll be a little more specific. I live in an apartment and each line is run to separate rooms directly to the receivers. With a multiswitch, I'll have to connect both lines from the dual LNB to the switch and then to the receiver, correct?

SliderNMFD said:
I'll be a little more specific. I live in an apartment and each line is run to separate rooms directly to the receivers. With a multiswitch, I'll have to connect both lines from the dual LNB to the switch and then to the receiver, correct?

You'll need a 2x4 multiswitch. Connect both lines from the dish to the multiswitch, then reconnect the 2 runs to one each of the 4 "out" ports on the 2x4 switch.

To get the full functionality of the TiVo, you'll need to run an additional line from the 2x4 switch to the tivo.

Edit: I should also mention that with your current dish, you'll only receive the 101 sat, not the 110 or 119 where some standard programming is (a lot of locals are on 119)

Casey

Also its good to stagger your 2 sat inputs coming from the multiswitch..... meaning that instead of having #1 and #2 outputs from the switch going into your 2 Tivo inputs, use #1 and #3. I'm a sales manager for a dtv dealership and have gained this knowledge from every installer i work with, DTV or independent. Not sure why, will have to find out....

SliderNMFD said:
I've seen a few sales and have a few gift cards that I need to use and am interested in getting a DVR. My current setup is as follows:

Round dish with dual LNB feeding two basic RCA DirecTV boxes.

If I wanted to run the DirecTivo unit, what would I need to do to be able to record one and watch one at the same time? Or am I pretty much out of luck?

for your inquirement ,I'd like to introduce you a perfect DVR card, which are superior quality and simple to use,especially,It is sold at a competitive price now.If you are interesting in it,Ican help you, please contact me for free,you are welcome

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts