DVR season pass?

mmaniscalco

Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
A few years ago I had Comcast DVR when it first came out. Basically it was a glorified VCR, and had no season pass capabilities. You basically set it to record a show at a certain time and if the show was rescheduled or not playing that week it recorded anyways.

My question is does Verizon's DVR have a season pass type feature like Tivo? Currently I have a MythTV box, but I think I would much rather just use the verizon's one if it isn't still in it infancy.

Thanks,
Marc

It does series recording, not "season pass" (tm of TiVo, I think). Here are my comments from another thread:

Series recording on this DVR is so much better. For example, say I want to record Quantum Leap on UHD. QL shows one episode a day, 3 times a day.

With my Comcast DVR, after 1 week it would have recorded 21 episodes. 3 copies of 7 episodes.

With the Verizon DVR, after 1 week it would have recorded 7 episodes. 1 copy of each of the 7 episodes. PLUS, to access them, just go to the Recordings menu, then select "Quantum Leap (7)". They actually group all of the episodes togeter! Very nice.

-John

Ya, I figured it was trademarked, but I wanted to make sure I got my question across.

Thank you for the quick response.

Is the series recording locked to a specific channel, or can it record it on any channel at anytime?

Thanks again,
Marc

mmaniscalco said:
Is the series recording locked to a specific channel, or can it record it on any channel at anytime?
I think its locked to a specific channel.

Also, if the show doesn't have episode information (like Wheel of Fortune) it will record all episodes.

-John

Umm, actually I think it hunts for all occurences on any channel and records them but without repeats.

If you do a search for say, Seinfeld, it will hunt on all channels which you can set up multiple recordings (per channel), but if you use your record button for a "season pass" it will only record on the selected channel.
Luckily there are various options once you set up the series in the series manager.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts