DVR Series Recording Issue (Dallas/Fort Worth Tx)

txcruiser

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2004
Starting last week I noticed most of my scheduled series recordings had vanished.
I rebooted a few times and nothing changed. Still gone.

If I tried to set up a new series recording, it doesn't take effect either.
This only seems to be a problem with the lower numbered channels though.
Here in Dallas/Fort Worth the ABC , CBS , FOX, NBC are 8,11,4,5. None of these series recordings are working on these channels. Higher numbered channels (starting around 30 or so) are working fine though.

I have 2 DVRs. Both are not working.

Called TWC yesterday, and they said that they are aware of the problem but there's no resolution yet. I went ahead and swapped out one DVR but the problem remains (but at least got upgraded to a 160 gig hard drive instead of a 120)

Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:
What box and what software do you have?

I remember something similar here in Raleigh. As a work around, I reset my recordings for the digital simulcast channels (ours are in the 200-260 range). If you don't have Digital Cable, then that won't work.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

What box and what software do you have?

I remember something similar here in Raleigh. As a work around, I reset my recordings for the digital simulcast channels (ours are in the 200-260 range). If you don't have Digital Cable, then that won't work.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I now have the Motorola DCT-120 and DCT-160.
I've tried the higher numbered digital channel equivalents but those aren't working either. It has now been 1 and 1/2 weeks. I'll try calling Comcast again next week.

I called TWC today.

Customer Service is very aware of the problem.
I told them it's been 3 weeks for me.
They supposedly credited my account for the last 3 weeks of DVR rental on both units. Guess I'll know for sure when the bill comes.
They said to keep calling back for credit as the weeks keep rolling by.

Today my Series Recordings are now working on my lower numbered channels again on both DVRs.

I guess they didn't want to credit my account anymore than 3 weeks of free DVR!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts