DVR510 shading problem

dishtrouble52

Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
I have a question about the DVR510. When ever I am watching a movie with dark areas I can see shadows in the dark areas. I am wondering if this is a pixel problem or if I need an inline Amplifier to boost the signal.

thanks for any insights you can give me on this. :)

I will try that, thanks :)

Man I am glad I am not crazy!!! I have noticed this issue for some time... I have ask my wife to see if she noticed it and she said I was crazy that she did not see what I was talking about... I don't notice it on our 301, but do notice it on our 510... It started a few software upgrades ago... I thought it was a buffer issue, but will play around with TV settings as well to see if that helps... Thanks for the tips... CC

I have played around with my TV settings. lowering sharpness helped some. My 10 year old sony doesn't have contrast. My new TV, Toshiba lcd doesn't shade as much as the old TV.
thanks for posting, I also thought I was crazy. :)

I have played around with my TV settings.

"Playing around" with the settings is usually a bad thing. Methodical adjustments are key. You need to know what you moved and how far.

Even better, using a tunning program to set all the video stuff correctly.
I've got the 10 year old DVD version of "Video Essentials" when is was just the LaserDisc version moved to DVD. And if used properly, it will greatly improve the viewing experience.

The newer versions have better surround sound tuning abilities, but I don't know if the video sections have changed much., unless you get the HD version for HD equipment.

http://www.videoessentials.com/products_main.php

My 10 year old sony doesn't have contrast. My new TV, Toshiba lcd doesn't shade as much as the old TV.

The Sony has the function. You just have to find it. Different manufacturers have started giving it different names in the menus.

The LCD probably has a default setting that is better suited to your viewing conditions.

shading problem has almost resolved itself

My next door neighbors moved and most of my shading and pixeling problems have gone too.

I have dish network and they had cox hooked up. I wonder if their cox hook up could have been interfering with my dish signal.

I live in a mobile home and their cox hook up was right behind my house.

thanks, for all advice given. Happy Holidays!!:D

My next door neighbors moved and most of my shading and pixeling problems have gone too.

I have dish network and they had cox hooked up. I wonder if their cox hook up could have been interfering with my dish signal.

I live in a mobile home and their cox hook up was right behind my house.

thanks, for all advice given. Happy Holidays!!:D

It has nothing to do with your neighbors, it's the MPEG-2 compression.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)