DVR522 Lost the sound track

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcanavera

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
I ended up with an interesting problem, not yet solved. I recorded a 2 hr program last week. All was fine, as a matter of fact I watched half of it before heading for bed. My wife watched other recorded programming and deleted that after she finished. The next day the 2 hr program has no audio. All other prerecorded programs are fine (I only have 4 things recorded). I tried to reboot, started the playback over at the beginning. Closed captioned works, just no audio on this program. Its as if the audio track is missing. Anyone seen this problem yet?

Jack

I've seen the occasional audio dropout and out-of-synch, but never the whole program. That sucks. It's been my experience that more problems seem to arise when you start watching a recorded program during the record process (as you indicate in your post).

Pablo_New said:
I've seen the occasional audio dropout and out-of-synch, but never the whole program. That sucks. It's been my experience that more problems seem to arise when you start watching a recorded program during the record process (as you indicate in your post).

Interesting you say this, because I was doing this during the initial recording. But the recording was completed and later on that evening I started it over from the beginning and the sound was there. The only thing I can think of was the fact that my wife deleted 3-4 other recordings the next day, and after that event the entire sound track disappeared.

I have seen some other strange issues. I run the receiver in dual mode and sometimes decide to record a program I am currently watching. Yesterday while watching the program on TV1 I hit the record button. The unit gave me my choice of tuners and I chose TV2. I walked away from the unit and went into the other room where TV2 is located. I turned on that TV and saw the screen saver. At that point I hit the on button on my remote and the picture came on along with noting that it was in the record mode. Apparently the TV2's receiver did not turn on when I selected that mode when sitting at TV1. I'm not sure if this is a bug or something I must address before using TV2 as the record device, for a program currently being viewed by TV1.

Jack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)